Author Topic: Who knew they had a dress code?  (Read 970 times)

RBSinTo

• NG Member
Who knew they had a dress code?
« on: January 16, 2019, 18:38:08 »
Taken a number of years ago, here in downtown Toronto, while walking on Queen Street. with a photobud.
 I noticed the window display next to the sign and seeing the humour in the situation, grabbed this shot.
 motorized Nikon F2AS
 Vivitar 17~28 f4.0-4.5 AIS manual focus
 Fuji 100 ISO colour slide
 probably f4.0 @ 1/60th
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
Re: Who knew they had a dress code?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 08:10:07 »
Well spotted - incongruity is another trigger for humour.

How do you do your slide scans Robert - a single scan that is then adjusted in an editor or five scans with bracketed exposures and then merged using HDR functions as NG member SEAPY has been recently utilising?
Hugh Gunn

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:07:52 »
wonderful, also the title. I sent it to my friends with humor. They laughed. Thank you.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 18:29:26 »
Well spotted - incongruity is another trigger for humour.

How do you do your slide scans Robert - a single scan that is then adjusted in an editor or five scans with bracketed exposures and then merged using HDR functions as NG member SEAPY has been recently utilising?

Hugh,
If I was any less well versed in the mumbo-jumbo of Post-Processing than I currently am, I wouldn't be able to do it at all!
For the most part, I scan my slides on a Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400, and run them through Photoshop using Smart Sharpen, Levels, Contrast/Brightess, auto colour, auto contrast, auto tone, cropping, and perhaps a bit of de-saturation, and when I really want to get sexy, perhaps do a black and white conversion. before I size and save the shot. Histograms? Layers? Not a clue what they are or how to use them.
Frank,
Glad you and your friends enjoyed the shot. the scene made me laugh when I first saw it.
Robert   
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.