Gear Talk > Lens Talk

Show your 80-85mm images

(1/30) > >>

Birna Rørslett:
As per suggestions in the corresponding thread on 105mm lenses, another thread dedicated to the 85mm class lenses is opened. I put the title as '80-85' as there have been a few 80mm Nikkors available over the years.

Please keep to prime lenses not zooms set to 80mm, and if you so wish technical details are not illegal to add :D

One of the 80mm Nkikkors was of course the AF 80mm f/2.8 made for the F3AF many decades ago. After some internal modification it works nicely on more modern cameras albeit without AF. I have used it mainly for IR or suchlike work, in which it excels. Manual focusing is not the strong point of this lens as the focusing collar is narrow and there is a lot of play involved (seems Nikon expected everyone to use AF only and added the manual focusing feature as an afterthought and didn't bother properly decoupling the internal AF mechanism). For stationary subjects this is not a big deal.

One of the few remaining Norwegian Stave Churches (at Eidsborg, Telemark, built around 1250 AD). Shot with the D200 IR. Thus the white ground is due to IR not snow. This church is among the smallest of its kind, but well preserved.

Jakov Minić:
Birna, my favorite focal length and lens, 85/1.4 AF-D.
Shot today at Kinderdijk.
This lens never stays behind :)

Matthew Currie:
The 85/2.8 PCD on a D7100

Birna Rørslett:
AF 85/1.4 (D3)

Frank Fremerey:
I should scan some stuff. The 1.8/85D was my 90% lens before the 1.4/85G came out and I switched to digital. Both are great for portraits and general purpose photography.

My current Cologne set is 100% taken with the D850 and 1.8/85G, except for the first image which is taken with my smartphone:

http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php/topic,8282.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version