Images > Nature, Flora, Fauna & Landscapes

Walking the dog in winter wonderland

(1/4) > >>

Øivind Tøien:

The landscapes around here have been quite a treat during my dog sitting with daily long morning and evening walks in the woods. Sadly this winter wonderland is about to disappear for the time being with warmer weather arriving on new years eve, so now to enjoy the images only.

atpaula:
Very nice images of a strange (to me) place.
Can you tell the temperature?
I like most 2,3 and 4.

Øivind Tøien:
Thanks for the comment Aguinaldo. Those are among my favorites too. Temperature was mostly around -20 to -25°C, although there was one day with -29°C, not very cold by interior Alaska standards for this time of the year, but always a challenge if/when one has to take the mittens off to operate camera or get things out or into bags. It has been unseasonably warm the last few months. Temperature was lingering around freezing today, but it looks like snow on the trees in this lower slightly colder area might survive - colder weather is also on its way.

Akira:
#4 masking the moon with the tree to enhance the starry sky and the last one with different lightings are my favorites here.  Thank you for sharing!

Are these iamges shot with your D7100/5100?  They seem to serve you rewally well.

Øivind Tøien:

Thanks for the kind and detailed comment Akira. Yes the last one is different with no moonlight, but still stars showing though in spite of some clouds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version