Author Topic: Post your images of New Year 2019!  (Read 5043 times)

Nikfuson

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Post your images of New Year 2019!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 19:12:12 »
No fireworks pics from me. Here's from the evening stroll the 31st and the first 2019 day rendered through the Z6_24-70S.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 23:01:41 »
Happy New Year to all  :)

No pictures, as I was keeping my grandchildren and my daughter forbids their pictures on anything web connected...!!!
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 23:38:22 »
Happy New Year, Øivind!  This is the year of boar in Japan.  Brave dog!  Your "astronomically equipped" 300PF works nicely for more "common" purporse
Happy New Year to you too Akira and thanks for commenting!
Yes, the dog ignoring its fear for the firework, and challenging the charging moose that did not want to move was quite impressive. We were both quite exited. Plenty of bribes/rewards followed.
Øivind Tøien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 23:44:31 »
Happy new year to all

will be going out for a walk with the small 50mm eseries - cool and cloudy hope to find something interesting

Happy New Year, Armando!  As of this writing, you already posted pleasant photos in your thread.

This time of year in Vermont about the only thing going on is the weather.

Recent thread reminded me to take the old 105/2.5 out for a walk.  It didn't brighten things up much.

Happy New Year, Matthew!  You seems to be challenged with highly contrasting scene.   :o

Happy New Year.

No 2019 shots from me yet - the new year started with a storm over the country so I've stayed indoors  :-\

Happy new year to all at NikonGear.
I wasn’t out, due to the storm and lack of sleep  ;) 8)

Happy New Year, Lars and Bent!  The northern Europe seems to be stormy.  Stay warm!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 23:50:55 »
No fireworks pics from me. Here's from the evening stroll the 31st and the first 2019 day rendered through the Z6_24-70S.

Happy New Year, Nikfuson!  (I know who you are, but I'm not sure if I could call you by the real name...)  Your area seems to be stormy.  The last picture is amazing: the ghost spotlights right where the dog is!

Happy New Year to all  :)

No pictures, as I was keeping my grandchildren and my daughter forbids their pictures on anything web connected...!!!

Happy New Year, Jacques!  Your happiness is well enough conveyed just by your comment. :)

Happy New Year to you too Akira and thanks for commenting!
Yes, the dog ignoring its fear for the firework, and challenging the charging moose that did not want to move was quite impressive. We were both quite exited. Plenty of bribes/rewards followed.

Those are truely the New Year's blessings!

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 00:32:51 »
Tokyo has quite a few people, and surprisingly it is rather quiet everywhere except the places where it definitely is not. This is one of those places, at the confluence of one of Tokyo’s largest shrines and a major shopping area.

The entrance...

Waiting...

At the head of the line...

Crowd control is very serious with so many people, but everyone was well behaved on such an auspicious day.

Lars Hansen

• NG Member
  • Zealand, Denmark
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 17:43:41 »
Happy New Year, Lars and Bent!  The northern Europe seems to be stormy.  Stay warm!

I finally got out and take my first shots in 2019. Today was sunny, cold and still windy - this rower was probably out on her first rowing this year because yesterday would have been slightly suicidal due to the storm...  :-\

Thanks Akira. Yes, I guess Denmark is a small, flat and often windy spot. In northern Jutland we have what has been named "Cold Hawaii" for surfers. Nothing is bad without also being good for something..   

Great shots in this thread! 

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 23:12:09 »
My Mum on January 1st. She will soon be 90.
Df, Summicron-R, probably f/2.8
Airy Magnien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 01:45:19 »
Tokyo has quite a few people, and surprisingly it is rather quiet everywhere except the places where it definitely is not. This is one of those places, at the confluence of one of Tokyo’s largest shrines and a major shopping area.

Happy New Year, Jack!  So, you went to Meiji-jingu.  How did you find its use of the space, if ever you found any?  :D  Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Japan.

I finally got out and take my first shots in 2019. Today was sunny, cold and still windy - this rower was probably out on her first rowing this year because yesterday would have been slightly suicidal due to the storm...  :-\

Thanks Akira. Yes, I guess Denmark is a small, flat and often windy spot. In northern Jutland we have what has been named "Cold Hawaii" for surfers. Nothing is bad without also being good for something..   

Great shots in this thread!

"Cold Hawaii" is the word!  It looks exactly like its nickname.  Beautifully radiating sunlight.

My Mum on January 1st. She will soon be 90.
Df, Summicron-R, probably f/2.8

A fine portrait.  It's simple but tells a lot of stories...