Author Topic: Post your images of New Year 2019!  (Read 5044 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Post your images of New Year 2019!
« on: January 01, 2019, 02:22:31 »
Please allow this guy from the land of the rising sun to start a dedicated thread for posting New Year's image.

Wish you all a prospective year!

Mt. Fuji shot from my place in Tokyo.  D750, Ai200/4.0.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Post your images of New Year 2019!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 03:04:12 »
very interesting combination of city and nature, Happy New Year, Akira!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 03:29:10 »
very interesting combination of city and nature, Happy New Year, Akira!

Happy New Year, Frank!  "Eclecticism" would be one of the better ways to describe Japanese culture, and I think the iamge represents that.

beryllium10

• NG Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 07:43:29 »
I think the December 2018 thread has closed, though there's still an hour and a half to go here.  Perhaps I'm behind the times.  The grey clouds of December parted today, offering a chance to head into the Cascades and look for eagles along the Skagit River.  The salmon runs have been spare this year, so I think most of the eagles must be trying their luck elsewhere.  Nonetheless I found a few perched patiently above the river.  ... This with the 300mm f/4 AFS and 1.4 TC, which have been fixed to my camera for much of 2018. 
Happy New Year all - John

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 08:31:14 »
I think the December 2018 thread has closed, though there's still an hour and a half to go here.  Perhaps I'm behind the times.  The grey clouds of December parted today, offering a chance to head into the Cascades and look for eagles along the Skagit River.  The salmon runs have been spare this year, so I think most of the eagles must be trying their luck elsewhere.  Nonetheless I found a few perched patiently above the river.  ... This with the 300mm f/4 AFS and 1.4 TC, which have been fixed to my camera for much of 2018. 
Happy New Year all - John

Happy New Year, John!  Thank you for your post.  Apparently the AFS300 will keep going strong in the good hands.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 08:35:05 »
And I just came back from the New Year's visit to Honmonji Temple.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 11:34:06 »
Great shots, Akira. And sunny weather.

The New Year is very rainy here right now, but in the night there were some fireworks.

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 13:49:20 »

No firework photos from me this year as I was house sitting a dog that is not very found of firework. However when some time after midnight with still some firework sounding, a moose with two grown calves showed up and attacked the apple trees, she went into action to defend the apple trees and forgot that she was afraid of the firework. My first subject of 2019 is thus mother moose lighted by my 900 lumen Niterider bike light.

Nikon D7100  with 300PF, f/4.5 front aperture 1/40s ISO 12800! (Hi 1)
Øivind Tøien

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 15:15:29 »
Since I no longer drink or party I normally am out before dawn for birds,  Birding has been bad this year but the sky was full of birds but all backlit before the son showed.
This is not my normal first Kingfisher of the year.  D500, 300 2.8G vr with TC1.t handheld from the new SUV. Big crop.  Had a fun morning  ;)
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 16:24:31 »
IF Jakovic was on the Scheveningen beach yesterday with a camera chances are high that he captured some amazing shots.

This yearly event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_1jkZjmAoI&t=45s

Turned into this:
https://www.nu.nl/259148/video/vreugdevuur-scheveningen-leidt-tot-vuurtornados.html

In short; Mother Nature gave her own firework show and made it rain fire  :o :o :o
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 16:32:15 »
Great shots, Akira. And sunny weather.

The New Year is very rainy here right now, but in the night there were some fireworks.

Thank you and Happy New Year, John!  I watched the weather forecast of German TV on YouTube (ZDF?).  Apparently it is rainy throughout the most part of Europe.  The firework looks a bit wet.   :o   Stay warm!

No firework photos from me this year as I was house sitting a dog that is not very found of firework. However when some time after midnight with still some firework sounding, a moose with two grown calves showed up and attacked the apple trees, she went into action to defend the apple trees and forgot that she was afraid of the firework. My first subject of 2019 is thus mother moose lighted by my 900 lumen Niterider bike light.

Nikon D7100  with 300PF, f/4.5 front aperture 1/40s ISO 12800! (Hi 1)

Happy New Year, Øivind!  This is the year of boar in Japan.  Brave dog!  Your "astronomically equipped" 300PF works nicely for more "common" purporse.

Since I no longer drink or party I normally am out before dawn for birds,  Birding has been bad this year but the sky was full of birds but all backlit before the son showed.
This is not my normal first Kingfisher of the year.  D500, 300 2.8G vr with TC1.t handheld from the new SUV. Big crop.  Had a fun morning  ;)

Happy New Year, Tom!  Although it is not a kingfisher, you proved you are blessed with beautiful birds.
IF Jakovic was on the Scheveningen beach yesterday with a camera chances are high that he captured some amazing shots.

This yearly event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_1jkZjmAoI&t=45s

Turned into this:
https://www.nu.nl/259148/video/vreugdevuur-scheveningen-leidt-tot-vuurtornados.html

In short; Mother Nature gave the best firework show of the year by making it rain fire  :o :o :o

Happy New Year, Jan!  This is bizarre!  Hope there was no fatal damages...

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 16:58:00 »
Happy new year to all

will be going out for a walk with the small 50mm eseries - cool and cloudy hope to find something interesting
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Matthew Currie

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 18:46:05 »
This time of year in Vermont about the only thing going on is the weather.

Recent thread reminded me to take the old 105/2.5 out for a walk.  It didn't brighten things up much.

Lars Hansen

• NG Member
  • Zealand, Denmark
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 18:49:39 »
Happy New Year.

No 2019 shots from me yet - the new year started with a storm over the country so I've stayed indoors  :-\

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 19:05:30 »
Happy new year to all at NikonGear.
I wasn’t out, due to the storm and lack of sleep  ;) 8)