Author Topic: New Year’s Resolution  (Read 2485 times)

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
New Year’s Resolution
« on: December 22, 2018, 09:45:20 »
Last Wednesday, as I do most Wednesdays, I went out to breakfast early with some old friends. Afterwards as I was driving home, the sun was just rising. A big storm had swept through the day before and there was a band of low clouds overhead. The rising sun lit the underside of the clouds in a spectacular display of color. Did I capture it? No. Why? No camera, at least no camera other than my cellphone camera. How often has this happened to me this year? Maybe twenty or thirty times I’ve seen things that would have made great photographs, but I had to let them go unphotographed for lack of a camera. Just last week as I was driving home from work, as I passed a small lake I drive by every day, I saw 15 or 20 mallard ducks swimming in a perfectly straight line, would have made a great photo, if I’d had my camera with me. I could go on, but I think you get the point. So here’s my new year’s resolution- I’m not leaving the house without it. I may still miss a few opportunities, but it won’t be for lack of a camera. Oh, yes, one other thing, I’m throwing the tripod in the back of the car and leaving it there.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: New Year’s Resolution
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 13:13:22 »
my resolution is to record more with my heart and less with my camera. I savour these moments with nothing between me and the beauty I experience...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 19:49:15 »
My resolution will stay at 16MP, as in 2019
Airy Magnien

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 21:21:33 »
my resolution is to record more with my heart and less with my camera. I savour these moments with nothing between me and the beauty I experience...

Great idea, I'll give you $100 for your D850 and D500 bodies so you won't be tempted to spoil the moment by taking a photograph.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 23:26:17 »
Great idea, I'll give you $100 for your D850 and D500 bodies so you won't be tempted to spoil the moment by taking a photograph.

sorry I need these for work 😙😉
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 15:07:57 »
I have a tripod permanently left in my own car and usually one in my wife's cars when I am driving in them.  An M43 or small format outfit is also worth considering if on foot.  I cannot lug heavy gear far these days - old football injuries are catching up on me.
Hugh Gunn

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 00:24:48 »

;D ;D ;D
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 09:36:38 »
Resolutions whatever comes of that :o

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 12:14:58 »
Like Airy, i will resolutely keep up with the Df  8) !
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 14:27:10 »
You had your cellphone camera, at least.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 18:51:27 »
I hope it will come back soon from repair, miss the Df. 

Will combine it with the Fuji S5 Pro and Nikon D850.  Every camera has it's own merits  :)