Author Topic: Geminid meteor shower  (Read 4442 times)

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
Re: Geminid meteor shower
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 15:01:27 »
Thanks for the enthusiastic comment Armando. I do not think I could make out 46P by eye; I troubled quite a bit finding it although I had the position from Stellarium. I have seen an example where it is even visible in a fisheye image, but then from a darker zone.

Yes, stacking comet images is a little tricky. DeepSpaceStacker has a comet stacking mode that allows separate stacking of comet and stars. It requires marking the position of the comet in several frames. It is also possible to register on the comet only, causing star trails. I have seen some nice examples of that.

I messed up most of the few frames I got of the comet - forgot to remove the Bahtinov mask in the hurry :-[ so I only got two OK frames with different framing from the one above. I have not had another chance since then.
Øivind ,
I'll look into the comet stacking , thanks for the tip!!
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 15:13:56 »
Perhaps there are other bluetooth intervalometer devices available...

I use the MIOPS smart as an intervalometer, it has bluetooth connectivity

The device can also trigger the cameras based on light, sound, laser, or other sensors that may be connected to it
MIOPS Battery life for me has been great, but note that the coldest I have used it is about 5°C

A disadvantage may be the cost, about $200 dollars, more expensive than just an intervalometer
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Alaun

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 17:01:30 »

Does anyone familiar with the Unleashed device know if it's capable of controlling the Bulb shutter timing, to allow an extended intervalometer facility beyond 30 seconds please?  Their website seems very vague about vital details like that.  It seems an obvious feature that it would have but it's not clear in the description, there is no explicit feature list.

Perhaps there are other bluetooth intervalometer devices available...

In the current software version, you can use the intervalometer only up to 30s. When you use Bulb, you have to keep your finger on the button of your phone/pad. So I assume, it should be possible to implement, they have promised a couple of updates.

Update: Just found a comment from Oliver, yes, this feature is promised in one of the next updates.
Wer-      Dro-
      ner         ste