Author Topic: rainy sunday afternoon / castle grounds  (Read 4168 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
rainy sunday afternoon / castle grounds
« on: December 03, 2018, 11:49:53 »
rainy sunday afternoon / castle grounds
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: rainy sunday afternoon / castle grounds
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 13:18:23 »
#2 looks the best to me.  I like the geometry.  The last image looks pleasant, but I observe some pronounced purple fringing around the leaves against the overcast sky...
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 13:37:29 »
Thank you, Akira. I am very happy with the pictures because the reflect the darkish mood of the venue in the late autumnal light very welll.

The CA is typical for the 1.8/85G wide open
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 14:36:48 »
now if #2 had the view of the trees as #1 ...

nice series Frank
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 20:26:09 »
Thank you, Akira. I am very happy with the pictures because the reflect the darkish mood of the venue in the late autumnal light very welll.

The CA is typical for the 1.8/85G wide open

I also like the darkish mood under the late autumn light.  The problem is that my trusty D750 is under repair now.  :(

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 20:37:43 »
I also like the darkish mood under the late autumn light.  The problem is that my trusty D750 is under repair now.  :(

Pity for you to miss these moments now. I never liked the D750. I kept onto the D600 until the D850 came out. Saved the money on D610 | D800 l D800E | D810 | D750 after testing most of them. The D600 had to endure a lot and never failed on me. The D810 was the first cam with slightly better IQ (and way better handling)  but for a price. The D750 had a reduced plasticky sound and build quality compared to the D600 with the same IQ basically. So if you can afford a cheapo D600 with low shutter count you will be happy with it as a second body or even see it as a replacement of the D750. Cheers. Frank

Alaun

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 20:42:29 »
Augustusburg?

no.2 for me!
Wer-      Dro-
      ner         ste

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 20:43:07 »
Augustusburg?

no.2 for me!

Schloss Brühl

Alaun

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 20:48:54 »
Ach! Ich meinte Brühl. THANKS.
Wer-      Dro-
      ner         ste

Alaun

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 20:59:47 »
Augustusburg and Falkenlust  :)
Wer-      Dro-
      ner         ste

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 21:33:47 »
Pity for you to miss these moments now. I never liked the D750. I kept onto the D600 until the D850 came out. Saved the money on D610 | D800 l D800E | D810 | D750 after testing most of them. The D600 had to endure a lot and never failed on me. The D810 was the first cam with slightly better IQ (and way better handling)  but for a price. The D750 had a reduced plasticky sound and build quality compared to the D600 with the same IQ basically. So if you can afford a cheapo D600 with low shutter count you will be happy with it as a second body or even see it as a replacement of the D750. Cheers. Frank

I used D610 and was quite happy with it except for its small AF area and the inablility to assign the 100% magnification review to the OK button, which made me frustrated.  I love the AF capability and format size / body size ratio of D750.  I never felt its built quality inferior to D600/610, even though I have to admit its shutter sounds less pleasing than that of D600/610.  But to me, the shutter sound of D850 shows very similar to that of D750.  D810 sounds much more pleasing.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 22:05:28 »
I used D610 and was quite happy with it except for its small AF area and the inablility to assign the 100% magnification review to the OK button, which made me frustrated.  I love the AF capability and format size / body size ratio of D750.  I never felt its built quality inferior to D600/610, even though I have to admit its shutter sounds less pleasing than that of D600/610.  But to me, the shutter sound of D850 shows very similar to that of D750.  D810 sounds much more pleasing.

The sound of the shutter on the D850 depends on the energy  source. If you use the D5 battery the sound is more snappy, with the D600 battery, the sound is more damped. 100% magnification is nice but I rarely use image review at all these days, the D500 and D850 are both reliable enough to just stop chimping. That was the one feature I really missed on the D600: absolute reliability dependability reproducability robustness.

if someone would ask me D750 or D500? I would sure coose the 500.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 22:42:04 »
The sound of the shutter on the D850 depends on the energy  source. If you use the D5 battery the sound is more snappy, with the D600 battery, the sound is more damped. 100% magnification is nice but I rarely use image review at all these days, the D500 and D850 are both reliable enough to just stop chimping. That was the one feature I really missed on the D600: absolute reliability dependability reproducability robustness.

if someone would ask me D750 or D500? I would sure coose the 500.

Well, D500 is a whole another story.  I don't remember how many times I have been about to switch from D750 to D500.  You just reminded me of that.   ;D

I liked 35/1.8G as DX standard prime on my D7000 exept for the strange aperture shape of more recent samples when stopped down by 1-2 stops.   :o

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 22:48:40 »
Love the spatial perception you create with the images. Colors and light finishing the ambiance.

I´m not partial with the d750 as the autofocus, high iso capabilities and overall IQ has create a love affair between us :)

d500 is a completely different beast, but a beast non the less

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 07:02:31 »
The D500 is a love affair for me still, now well into her third year. The D850, now in her second year, is really a nice camera but more of a workhorse, not a love affair. The lower pixel count of the D600 and the like creates more leverage in post while the dense sensors of the D850/D500 are unforgiving. You can see that in the pumped pictures above. I pumped them well to make an emotional statement. The original files are clean as can be with all highlights and lowlights, but too clean for my taste.

Will post some bw remixes later...