Gear Talk > Processing & Publication

Capture-One v. 12 is now available!

(1/4) > >>

Nikkor Shooter:

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Capture-One/Download.aspx

pluton:
I'll be looking at it for 30 days.  The new luminosity masks are of interest. C-1 attracts more interest now that the demise of standalone Lightroom 6.14 on the MacOS is foretold.

Nikkor Shooter:

--- Quote from: pluton on November 30, 2018, 16:56:49 ---C-1 attracts more interest now that the demise of standalone Lightroom 6.14 on the MacOS is foretold.
--- End quote ---

Even well before that, Keith.

I just bought their PERPETUAL licence! :P

Thomas Stellwag:
on their actual FB advertising you get a 10% discount code for new buyers and for upgrades

charlie:

--- Quote from: pluton on November 30, 2018, 16:56:49 ---I'll be looking at it for 30 days.  The new luminosity masks are of interest. C-1 attracts more interest now that the demise of standalone Lightroom 6.14 on the MacOS is foretold.

--- End quote ---

I'm curious why you would move to Capture One instead of staying with Adobe LR/PS using the subscription?

If you buy Capture One 12 perpetual it will be $300 and next year at this time Capture One v13 will be released and they will not update v12 any longer, no more new camera support, then it is $149 to upgrade from what I read.  The Capture One subscription is more expensive than the Adobe LR/PS subscription.

That said I love Capture One and have been waiting for them to introduce luminosity masks as well, I use it for all my tethered shooting needs. I've read a lot of disappointing instances when using large catalogs in Capture One so Lightroom remains my cataloging software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version