Author Topic: Equalize output from different cameras under same condition  (Read 5292 times)

jpgrahn

• NG Member
  • -
Re: Equalize output from different cameras under same condition
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2018, 09:50:15 »
curious what software (raw conversion) you use too?
Only reason I ask is the anomaly with the exif in the D800 images.
It says 58mm lens, but then 87mm, 35mm equivalent!

The other question, not yet asked(again re software used) .. do you have whatever software to automatically set some image/camera related parameters?
eg. say in Lr, you may have a setting where it renders images from certain cameras in some pre defined preset?

Ingestion with LightZone (think I got the name right). It has a clever function that automatically makes folders for every day pictures were taken.
From there I browse photos and select with FastRawViewer.
Finally import to LightRoom.
It is possible to automatically adjust images during import to LR but I turned it off now.

In LR I can se the Kelvin temperature and the tint value. I don't know how to get those values from another program. Do you?
The jpgs I have shown here comes straight out of the cameras. They have not been handled in LR.
Johan Grahn

jpgrahn

• NG Member
  • -
Re: Equalize output from different cameras under same condition
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2018, 11:13:53 »
Sorry, forgot to answer you other question!

On the V1 and the V3 I used a 32 mm lens. Works out close to a 85 mm on an FX body.
On the D2Hs I used a 58 mm lens. Which works out as close to a 85 mm on an FX body.
To keep same distance on all pictures I set my D700 and D800 to DX format and used my 58 mm.

I don't currently own an "true" 85 mm lens.
As much as I could I wanted to make things as simple as possible. This was one way.
I did not take into account the "equivalent factors", focal length and aperture, when comparing different kameras.
Mostly I was interested in trying to understand how the WB changed between the bodies.
Same ISO, same shutter speed and same aperture for all photos.
Johan Grahn