Author Topic: Eizo  (Read 1788 times)

Björn Carlén

• NG Member
  • Errare humanum est
    • flickr
Eizo
« on: November 11, 2018, 18:48:21 »
Hello everyone!
For color critical post processing such as retouching, what display should I choose?
Eizo CG2730 or CS2730?
Or are there any NECs out there with comparable quality and features?
My current Eizo flexscan 22” gives me one half greenish and the other half magentaish tint, and a big luminance X right in the middle of the frame. Furthermore it does not give me the required 120 cd brightness – I have to settle with 112 at 100% brightness setting. I guess it’s getting old. Like myself.
Björn Carlén
Huddinge, Sweden

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Eizo
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 21:39:32 »
I have only experience with the 27" NEC PA271 BK-SV**.  The current equivalent model is the PA 272 BK-SV. 
5 years, no problems. 
In NEC-speak, the "SV" part of the model designation denotes that the monitor is packaged with the NEC SpectraView calibration software plus a custom calibrated X-Rite i1 Display Pro 'puck'. 
The SpectraView auto calibration is automated and easy. 
NEC also offers the same monitors without the SV calibration package for less money.
In the USA,  NEC is less expensive than Eizo for the same size unit and feature set. 
My advice is to get the best wide-gamut Eizo or NEC with the auto calibration feature that you can afford to buy.
If it says "99% of Adobe RGB," it is wide-gamut.
**My NEC PA-271 was the last NEC 27" wide-gamut monitor to use CFL back-illumination.  All the monitors now use LED back-illumination which, in theory, should make them last longer before the color goes bad.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Björn Carlén

• NG Member
  • Errare humanum est
    • flickr
Re: Eizo
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 21:55:18 »
That sounds interesting, Pluton.
I’ll have a look at NEC. They are not as common here, though, as the Eizos.
Perhaps I’ve been looking in the wrong places.
From what I’ve heard the SpectraView is better than the Eizo equivalent. Could someone confirm that?
Björn Carlén
Huddinge, Sweden