Author Topic: SHOCK, HORROR, BUT WE ARE OK - 2ND IMPORTANT NEW POST, 15 APRIL 2019  (Read 54786 times)

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
Re: SHOCK, HORROR, BUT WE ARE OK - 2ND IMPORTANT NEW POST, 15 APRIL 2019
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2019, 23:54:35 »
Sorry to hear this, get well soon.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2019, 01:11:45 »
Sorry to hear too. Take good care.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2019, 08:07:02 »
Very sorry to hear the news, JA. You will be missed. Get well soon and don't forget some 'Dutch Medicine' :D

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2019, 08:44:18 »
Jan, get well soon!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2019, 09:06:22 »
Very sorry to hear the news, JA. You will be missed. Get well soon and don't forget some 'Dutch Medicine' :D

get well soon. Frankicensecapsules help stabilize the immune system in case of inflammatory intestines. I did heal my collitis, it is gone. Only dietary changes were necessary ,,, incense helped very much

an the book "Microbiome diet" by Raphael Kellman
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2019, 10:01:22 »
Jan Anne - very sorry to hear your news and I hope you will soon make a complete recovery.

I also have some not-good news for the participants.  I had a meeting with the new owners yesterday at the lodge and was not impressed by the standards of the fixtures, fittings and furnishings. In fact I was extremely disappointed and told the owners. They say they have new furniture waiting to be delivered and hope to make significant improvements before we arrive. I certainly hope so. I have made  a couple of suggestions. But now I understand why this lodge is so cheaply priced -  other similarly-sized lodges range from twice to four times as much.

I will keep you all informed.

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2019, 11:25:21 »
Hi Francis, you can have my room :)

I've been struggling with a rather stubborn inflammation to the intestines for the last couple of months, I'v tried to postpone the decision to join as long as possible but reality is that am not yet comfortable travelling abroad. I am doing OK since a week or so but it's a fine balance which is easily disturbed and want to be close to home in case of a relapse.

That's a shame, Jan Anne ! :(
Fortunately, there are 12 days to come before the meeting, so you might be completely recovered...

Dave, many, many thanks for your time consuming...And don't worry too much !
If there is :

# clean and working toilets;
# Hot water;
# Heating;
# working fridge;
# Clean bedding (with extra blankets),
and working burners + kitchen utensils
It should be fine.

Francis Devrainne

mxbianco

• NG Supporter
  • A teddy bear from the Alps, rarely fierce
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2019, 07:20:05 »
Jan Anne - very sorry to hear your news and I hope you will soon make a complete recovery.

I also have some not-good news for the participants.  I had a meeting with the new owners yesterday at the lodge and was not impressed by the standards of the fixtures, fittings and furnishings. In fact I was extremely disappointed and told the owners. They say they have new furniture waiting to be delivered and hope to make significant improvements before we arrive. I certainly hope so. I have made  a couple of suggestions. But now I understand why this lodge is so cheaply priced -  other similarly-sized lodges range from twice to four times as much.

Look at it this way:

If the lodge is not as comfortable as possible, you'll probably be more willing to stay out photographing (even if weather is so-so), instead of staying at the lodge. A big plus! ;D

Ciao from Massimo
Since evolution has given us TWO ears and ONE mouth, we are supposed (me included) to be doing more listening than talking.

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2019, 20:04:35 »
Two images of things to see within a few km of the lodge, and final instructions on how to find it.

1. Eilan Donan castle - one of the most photographed things in the UK but still worth a look.
2. Loch Duich and the mountains of Kintail.

3. You will be on the A87, approaching Kintail from the east. Pass a shop and petrol station (the only ones for many miles) on your left side - the entrance  for Woodlands is 100m further, on the right. Look out for the bollards. (The ugly old shed is not part of Woodlands.)

4. Once off the main road, immediately turn right. The gate into Woodlands is straight ahead.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2019, 19:45:42 »

Insiders PLS advise on insect protection (midgets???)
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2019, 00:30:56 »

Insiders PLS advise on insect protection (midgets???)

Frank - midges should not be a problem this early in the season, but I will come  prepared, just in case.

Were you troubled last time in Scotland?

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2019, 00:59:14 »
Frank - midges should not be a problem this early in the season, but I will come  prepared, just in case.

Were you troubled last time in Scotland?

no, in Granada I was probably bitten and spent 8 weeks in and out of hospital

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2019, 09:37:10 »
no, in Granada I was probably bitten and spent 8 weeks in and out of hospital

Scottish midges don't carry any parasitic or other problems in their bite - they are a nuisance but no more than that. Mayumi is allergic to midge-bites which develop into small swollen red lumps on her skin - rather like a flea-bite. That is as bad as it gets with midges.

Ticks, on the other hand, can cause serious problems and we all have to be aware of that. Birna can tell you much more about that than me. But to put things in perspective - I walk our dog every single day - often through long grass, heather, etc, and often on pasture-land where farm animals have been. I don't remember the last time a tick attached itself to me; it's more than 2 or 3 years ago.

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
Anyone interested in sharing a car? I'm landing in Glasgow at 11h20 on May 11 and departing from Glasgow at 11h45 on May 18.

Thanks.
Bruno Schröder

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Anyone interested in sharing a car? I'm landing in Glasgow at 11h20 on May 11 and departing from Glasgow at 11h45 on May 18.

Thanks.

I wanted to share a car but this time I fly into Edinburgh, see above