Author Topic: Nikon Z6/7 mirrorless system  (Read 316357 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Nikon Z6/7 mirrorless system
« Reply #780 on: April 02, 2019, 05:15:33 »
In North American English, the complete expression is 'pissed off' [=angry, upset], but in use, it is frequently shortened---by North Americans--- to 'pissed'. Hence the confusion with the British English original.

I see.  Thank you for the explanation.  Indeed, I've heard both versions.

Colin, Netr and Keith, thank you, again, for the clarification.

Sorry for the deviation.  Let's go back to the original topic!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #781 on: April 02, 2019, 05:48:03 »
Akira, thank you for the unintended comic relief.  After a late night digging through my wife's filing system looking for a document the Airport immigration Officers said she needed to get back into India in three weeks time, I needed a chuckle  ;D .   I have those three weeks to decide on buying a Z6,   As an American living in London for 27 years I had a few brushes with the Languages  ;) .
I will post a question concerning Z6 once I have figured out the wording, still on my first cup of coffee .
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #782 on: April 02, 2019, 08:06:44 »
Sten, wonderful images! very nice texture and feeling.
She is a beautiful girl, her expression is what I would call, moody calm and lovely.

Erik Lund

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #783 on: April 02, 2019, 08:43:34 »
Akira, thank you for the unintended comic relief.  After a late night digging through my wife's filing system looking for a document the Airport immigration Officers said she needed to get back into India in three weeks time, I needed a chuckle  ;D .   I have those three weeks to decide on buying a Z6,   As an American living in London for 27 years I had a few brushes with the Languages  ;) .
I will post a question concerning Z6 once I have figured out the wording, still on my first cup of coffee .
Tom

Tom, you are welcome.  I re-realized that one should always be ready to respond to the unexpected learning opportunity.   :o ;D :o ;D
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #784 on: April 02, 2019, 10:12:41 »
In North American English, the complete expression is 'pissed off' [=angry, upset],

That is the same in British English. 
Anthony Macaulay

JJChan

• JJ Chan
  • NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #785 on: April 02, 2019, 10:33:45 »
I have those three weeks to decide on buying a Z6..
Tom

Tom
I got myself a Z(7) when a big sale came up in Australia. I found it much more intuitive to use than the Sony A7II and far more responsive. There is a lack of native Z mount glass at the moment but AFS and AIS work really well as have M mount and M42 lenses. In addition, I have always used CaptureNXD and so post processing was easy for me rather than struggling up the learning curve with CaptureOne/Lightroom which I just didn't have the time to learn properly. The colour profiles straight out were familiar, the controls were familiar, the menus - all just made it an easy transition. The battery life is also good compared to the Sony.

Although all camera systems work more than what I can really utilise, just simple usability has made the Z system the perfect mirrorless for me.

JJ

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #786 on: April 02, 2019, 12:50:06 »
Hi JJ, congrats , enjoy and post some images.   I will probably get the Z6 but would love for a big Sale to hit Goa  ;) .  The only thing I liked about the a7rii was the size of the sensor for cropping.  I have to work harder with 24/25 MP but the number of usable focus points helps.
Cheers,
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

JohnBrew

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #787 on: April 03, 2019, 15:09:56 »
Received email from Nikon this morning: Thank you for registering your Z7.
Interesting. It hasn’t arrived yet!

JJChan

• JJ Chan
  • NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #788 on: April 03, 2019, 15:29:59 »
Some crop and mild lifting of shadow with C-NXD

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #789 on: April 03, 2019, 19:00:57 »
I have come to love shooting with silent shutter. It is so peaceful.
Most of the time it is great, but you need to be on the lookout for motion blur and banding due to light flicker.
Here is part of a shot from yesterday at 1/250th.
I hope that global shutter technology will progress so next gen cameras don't need to worry about this.
I recently saw a Canon industrial inspection demo which showed APS sensor with global shutter at 1/100th of a second.

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #790 on: April 03, 2019, 22:24:43 »
I have come to love shooting with silent shutter. It is so peaceful.
me too, one of my favorite things from the V1, and now also available on my x-t3
although sometimes I miss the feedback of feeling the mechanical shutter, particularly on the V1 which can sometimes take forever to wake up, focus and take the shot
easy to configure and switch on/off
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #791 on: April 04, 2019, 06:26:49 »
Jack, has to be the next big thing.   I only really use Silent shooting for events that require it and some Street/Documentary.   I still use the Df for many low light events.  Interesting, but looking back at images using Silent (mine and my wife's) , the Olympus bodies seem to have less problems than the Sony a7xx cameras.
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #792 on: April 04, 2019, 14:40:30 »
I shoot this performance a month ago, February 28th. Very difficult venue with audience all around, very distracting background and even worse led light with horrible colors. Nice conditions  ;D 8) to try the Z6.

In combination with the 70-200e everything works. Colors were easy recovered -white shirts helped a lot- Images are being delivered to client today.
   As already established here the strengths of the camera such as silent shutter, very malleable' :)  files, af accuracy and high iso performance made my day. Movement was on the low side for a dance-music-theater show.

A token 

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #793 on: April 04, 2019, 16:42:30 »
 Movement was on the low side for a dance-music-theater show.
   A token
Low movement but they seem to be hot enough
Nice series Paco
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #794 on: April 04, 2019, 21:26:14 »
Thanks Armando. It was intense with some explosive moments.