Author Topic: Nikon Z6/7 mirrorless system  (Read 316170 times)

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
Re: Nikon Z6/7 mirrorless system
« Reply #480 on: January 08, 2019, 15:45:30 »
I hear you, Michael, although the optical engineers over at the Mothership will be horrified about learning this user wish. And with good reason seen from their point of view, as an extension can only destroy much of the superior performance they have created in these new designs.

I totally agree, but I also know a very thin extension tube can be useful. I am thinking of the Z NOCT lens and wanting to get just a wee bit closer. That's if I can afford the lens. Any idea what the price will be? However, the Z NOCT is exactly the kind of lens I like best.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

chambeshi

« Reply #481 on: January 09, 2019, 07:44:26 »

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #482 on: January 12, 2019, 22:56:11 »
After reading there will be a 50 f/1.2 and after seeing what the Z6 can do I am possibly interested in that combination...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #483 on: January 12, 2019, 23:02:47 »
Just for the record, I have submitted the wish for an Z-Z extension tube through the official Nikon channels. No idea whether the product will be manifested though, but it never hurts to make the wish for another feature known to the makers.

JohnBrew

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #484 on: January 13, 2019, 03:14:53 »
When I read of a Novoflex adapter for Leica M lenses I have, surprisingly, started to show some interest in this setup. I’m still waiting for a native lens which can approach the awesomeness of the Zeiss Otus, which I have, but would never consider for the Z due to weight considerations. A Z, an F adapter and an Otis? The mind boggles.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #485 on: January 13, 2019, 10:11:01 »
Finally had some time yesterday to take some pictures. I grabed the Z6 and Micro 55mm 3.5. Focusing and shooting handheld is a pleasure.

Sunflower seed on a bench
    and the weapon of choice -phone image-

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #486 on: January 14, 2019, 17:37:54 »
The Nikkor 50/1.2 Ai-S and Canon 85/1.2 FD mounted on the Z6 using stacked Novoflex adapters, both lenses are normalised to the Leica M mount like my Heligon 100/1.6 which are then mounted on the Z6 with the brand new Novoflex NIK Z/LEM adapter.

If so desired the Novoflex Leica M extension rings can be placed between the two adapters as shown here with the Heligon:
http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php/topic,8043.msg135178.html#msg135178

As the Nikon FTZ adapter doesn't communicate the used aperture value of unchipped manual focus lenses either there is no loss of functionality but this setup does loose the tripod mount bump under the FTZ and is also a little lighter (105 vs 133 grams).
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #487 on: January 14, 2019, 18:15:05 »
So, you have purchased the Z6 now?

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #488 on: January 14, 2019, 18:21:11 »
DHL delivered it last Friday when Chris Dees was visiting with his Z6.

Needles to say we had lots of fun playing with our new toys :)

I've sold the a7RII a while back and kept the a7S for the Voigtlander 125 APO, can not do without that lens and a Nikon Z adapter is not available yet....
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #489 on: January 14, 2019, 18:48:30 »
Welcome to the Z users group :D

Does your 125 CV end in Canon EF mount? Probably just a question of time before third-party adapters are available.

FD-Z is available already if memory serves. Better to use a single adapter than a combination of two, in terms of stability. There are excellent F-Z adapters already on the market and they are more compact than the FTZ accompanying your Z6. I'm using such adapters for my Voigtländer 15 mm f/4.5 Heliar etc.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #490 on: January 14, 2019, 20:32:47 »
I have been using split adapters for a few years now and am perfectly fine with it, I had no IQ issues and it opens up a plethora of opportunities not possible with single adapters. Plus I only had to buy one NIK Z / LEM adapter to use my lenses in Leica M, Nikon F and Canon FD mount instead of buying three :)
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #491 on: January 14, 2019, 20:35:10 »
Your choice, of course. As long as the stuff delivers all is well.

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #492 on: January 14, 2019, 20:42:50 »
I have been using split adapters for a few years now and am perfectly fine with it, I had no IQ issues and it opens up a plethora of opportunities not possible with single adapters. Plus I only had to buy one NIK Z / LEM adapter to use my lenses in Leica M, Nikon F and Canon FD mount instead of buying three :)

what is a NIK Z/lem adapter and perhaps a link to where I can read about ti or buy it, please.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #493 on: January 14, 2019, 21:11:45 »
Nikon LM-Z:  (Leica bayonet) >  Z mount. Plenty of those on eBay.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #494 on: January 15, 2019, 00:16:05 »
what is a NIK Z/lem adapter and perhaps a link to where I can read about ti or buy it, please.
This one: https://www.novoflex.de/en/products-637/lens-adapters//adapterfinder-products/camera/nikon-z-mirrorless/objectiv/31.html

Please be aware that the image isn't of the actual Nikon Z to Leica M adapter, I received one from the first batch today and they will probably update the image on their website soon. I might post an image tomorrow if somebody is interested, the one posted looks more like the one I have for the Sony FE mount.
Cheers,
Jan Anne