Author Topic: A strange thing happened with my D500  (Read 1342 times)

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
A strange thing happened with my D500
« on: November 03, 2018, 00:22:00 »
As I can see in the Z7/6 thread strange things can happen.
I was taking a lot of picture at a beneficial concert this evening.
A guy sitting next to asked if I was using Snapbridge, my answer was no, but out of curiosity I turned airplane mode of, and turned my app on on the phone.
But I did not use it as there was picture opportunity, later I switched it off again, both on the phone, and airplane mode on.
Later after import into Lightroom, I was confused about the sequence of the pictures.
It turned out that all the picture taken while the Snapbrigde connection was on, got wrong time in the EXIF data!
I have this 2 pictures as example
DSC00025: date/time 21:48:41
DSC00026: date/time 21:19:50
Time is going backwards!
I don't think that I will be able to time travel by using this ;-)

I did an experiment by taking one photo, then turn Snapbrige on take a new photo.
On the camera the time was ok, but in the GPS data on the camera time was wrong, should be 1 hours off as the GPS is "Zulu" time, I live in Denmark which is +1 hour.
I dis tre one picture more with Snapbrigde on and the time changed a lot in the GPS data.
First picture: real time 23:41:08, GPS time 21:51:37
Second picture:real time 23:45:37, GPS time 22:41:57
The last pictures was successfully imported into Lightroom with the correct time, but the pictures from the concert got wrong time stamps. Looking into the EXIF in the files from the concert on the card also showed the wrong time, as seen on the camera.

Have any of you had a similar experience, or have you an idea of why it went wrong?
Br Bent

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: A strange thing happened with my D500
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 15:39:42 »
Thank you Bent. Another argument to leave it at "airplane mode" till Nikon get their act together
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
Re: A strange thing happened with my D500
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 16:30:17 »
You are right. ;)