Author Topic: Brief but rich NG meeting in Ginza, Tokyo  (Read 9328 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Brief but rich NG meeting in Ginza, Tokyo
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2018, 05:15:12 »
This thread makes me smile, if any NG member stops by Guadalajara I'll certainly would make time to  show him/her around

Armando, your images have shown many different beautiful aspects of Guadarajara and make me want to visit there.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 06:02:40 »
Congrats it’s very good when people meet , there is an opportunity to meet personality not the image you think behind thus the very good and open portraits

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 07:31:56 »
Congrats it’s very good when people meet , there is an opportunity to meet personality not the image you think behind thus the very good and open portraits

Thank you, Nasos.  I fully agree with you.

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2018, 08:22:54 »

I'm on several social networks and, often, there is discrepancy between the personas online and the persons on earth.
I cannot speak for Akira and his own perception but, as far as I can see it, this (Nikongear) is a pretty "honest" place. What can be perceived from the online exchanges seems well correlated with reality (yes, even the camera hanging from the shoulder ;) ). The general requirement that users should sign their real name is certainly contributing to this.
Airy Magnien

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2018, 08:38:14 »
It has been my privilege to meet quite a number of NG members over the years, some of whom have become close friends. I believe that the shared passion for photography, nurtured in a friendly atmosphere, helps make most of us amicable persons.

The task of moderating this site has been an easy challenge most of the time and certainly far less taxing than what I have encountered elsewhere.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 13:58:55 »
I'm on several social networks and, often, there is discrepancy between the personas online and the persons on earth.
I cannot speak for Akira and his own perception but, as far as I can see it, this (Nikongear) is a pretty "honest" place. What can be perceived from the online exchanges seems well correlated with reality (yes, even the camera hanging from the shoulder ;) ). The general requirement that users should sign their real name is certainly contributing to this.

I do know one social media in Japan where the very discrepancy you describe exists.  But in that case, such people are making strange efforts to play weird roles like the characters from some anime.  Other than such an unusual case, I think it is quite challenging and difficult to keep disguising as an imaginary character which is very different from the reality.  The true character will eventually show up through the interactions with others.

I've met almost 1,000 musicians to interview or interpret over a couple of decades, and interestingly in around 99% of the cases, the impression of their music and performances and the impression of their personality coincide.  I always wonder how honest the musical expression is.  The same should go with the photography.

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 14:32:24 »
Akira,
You should write a book on all those that you have interviewed and/or interpreted for. I would love to read some juciy details about musicians ;)

And I also agree with the previous posts, we have such a nice and friendly atmosphere here at NG, and I agree with Akira that sooner or later, even on social media, the true colors begin to shine...
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 16:38:06 »
Akira,
You should write a book on all those that you have interviewed and/or interpreted for.
+1
Airy Magnien

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2018, 18:19:12 »
The last Gyokuro in Tokyo. In the front, Japanese-style Tiramisù, with Macha (not Gyokuro however) replacing cocoa, and a preserved chestnut in two halves. Highly recommended.
Airy Magnien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2018, 19:23:52 »
Akira,
You should write a book on all those that you have interviewed and/or interpreted for. I would love to read some juciy details about musicians ;)

And I also agree with the previous posts, we have such a nice and friendly atmosphere here at NG, and I agree with Akira that sooner or later, even on social media, the true colors begin to shine...

Jakov, you should interview me and write the book.   ;D

The last Gyokuro in Tokyo. In the front, Japanese-style Tiramisù, with Macha (not Gyokuro however) replacing cocoa, and a preserved chestnut in two halves. Highly recommended.

Glad you like this combo.   :)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2018, 19:54:32 »
Mmmm, seems like a nice treat  :) While I guess I'll get to Japan in another life, I find it great that the different people dwelling on NG can meet all over the world  ;D
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2018, 20:12:36 »
Great Portraits, Airy and Akira.  Good to see you had a great time, with superb food I guess.  ;)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2018, 20:46:42 »
Mmmm, seems like a nice treat  :) While I guess I'll get to Japan in another life, I find it great that the different people dwelling on NG can meet all over the world  ;D

Great Portraits, Airy and Akira.  Good to see you had a great time, with superb food I guess.  ;)

Good food will be even better with a nice chat.

One of the great thing about NG is that many of regular posters have chances to meet each other in the real world, even though this is an international forum.  These real world experiances shared here makes this forum more and more real.

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2018, 02:42:15 »

Exquisite tea, to be precise. And, as Akira said...
Airy Magnien

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2018, 11:55:19 »
Oooooh。。。
Airy Magnien