Author Topic: Wacom Lag  (Read 1457 times)

charlie

• NG Supporter
Wacom Lag
« on: September 26, 2018, 07:04:30 »
I recently moved from an Intuos 4 to an Intous Pro and I'm experiencing lag in Photoshop CC when using the tablet connected via bluetooth. Works fine when plugged in. Computer is a Macbook Pro, High Sierra.

I'm curious if anyone else is using an Intuos Pro with a Mac + bluetooth without issue in Photoshop. Or better yet, had this issue and solved it  :)

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• Nature and Landscape Photographer, Educated as a press Photographer for almost 30 years ago.
  • NG Member
  • You and me, -Are the real legacy of Nikon
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
Re: Wacom Lag
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 09:32:24 »
I recently moved from an Intuos 4 to an Intous Pro and I'm experiencing lag in Photoshop CC when using the tablet connected via bluetooth. Works fine when plugged in. Computer is a Macbook Pro, High Sierra.

I'm curious if anyone else is using an Intuos Pro with a Mac + bluetooth without issue in Photoshop. Or better yet, had this issue and solved it  :)

God morning Charlie,
This is unfortunately a typical issue when using the BT instead of the cable! On my machines, two laptops 💻💻 and a late 2017 iMac 5K 🖥 ⌨️🖊, I constantly experience this. It’s been like that since day one. It just doesn’t respond fast enough with the BT adapter, that’s where the lagging comes in...
If you do get this sorted out, please, tell me how you managed to resolve it!? 😊🙋🏻‍♂️
"The colour of light is almighty, it gives us not only day and night but the entire shape of life" - Patrick Pedersen

-Proud Nikon FE2 owner since a age of 9!-

charlie

• NG Supporter
Re: Wacom Lag
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 17:08:12 »
Yeah I kinda had a feeling it was a common issue. Mine works ok sometimes and lags other times, but it lags enough to where it is not really usable for anything but a quick edit. I haven't used it outside of photoshop enough to know if it is just an issue with photoshop or across all programs.

If I track down a solution I'll let you know.