Author Topic: Please help!! Does ANYBODY know What this is!?...  (Read 2775 times)

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• Nature and Landscape Photographer, Educated as a press Photographer for almost 30 years ago.
  • NG Member
  • You and me, -Are the real legacy of Nikon
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
Please help!! Does ANYBODY know What this is!?...
« on: September 25, 2018, 23:25:28 »
Hi all! 😊

After we got married two years ago last month, I received a present from Nikon Europe, among the stuff they sent, there was a yellow ribbon in plastic with two “slots” for use. See the pictures I’ve posted!
Does anybody know what this really is??
I’ve asked the local photo store and they did the  have any answer at all. They had never seen anything like it ever!
So I went on asking different photographers, without any more luck, everybody scratch their head and don’t understand anything what this is!..

Can anyone tell me, please, what in the world this is!!?? It would be so great and I would appreciate it insanely much!!!???🤔🤔

Patrick

"The colour of light is almighty, it gives us not only day and night but the entire shape of life" - Patrick Pedersen

-Proud Nikon FE2 owner since a age of 9!-

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Please help!! Does ANYBODY know What this is!?...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 23:39:55 »
this is a test
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 00:19:10 »
A Möbius sampler?

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 00:42:19 »
SnapBridge with the improved connection?
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Nikkor Shooter

• This is not my language… just trying to use it!
  • NG Member
  • I shoot what I like… to like what I shoot! :)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 03:31:14 »

It seems to be a cable protection in the like
of Jerkstoppers, but I've been wrong before.
Light is free… capturing it is not!

Bill De Jager

• NG Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 06:31:07 »

Bravo!  Definitely SnapBridge.  Now we can all see why it doesn't work very well.   ;)

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• Nature and Landscape Photographer, Educated as a press Photographer for almost 30 years ago.
  • NG Member
  • You and me, -Are the real legacy of Nikon
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 09:09:24 »
this is a test

-A really good test from Nikon that is!... 😊😁

A Möbius sampler?

-Nah, don’t think so... but yes, looks much alike...😊

-Hehe 😂 , could be on the right track there, as it actually states «I AM CONNECTED».. But no, this has to be some kind of Nikon thing to see how smart we really are..😁😬🤔🤔

It seems to be a cable protection in the like
of Jerkstoppers, but I've been wrong before.

-My first thoughts on it were that it actually was a kind of cable strap, or something in that street..
But nobody has been able to me what this odd plastic strap really is. Guess I’ll have to call Amanda at Nikon Europe.. 😊😂

Bravo!  Definitely SnapBridge.  Now we can all see why it doesn't work very well.   ;)

Could be, could be!..
But I downloaded the SnapBridge app a couple of days ago, as the D500 has both WIFI and Bluetooth, the SnapBridge app works really flawless! And the connection is in fact not bad at all!!
So that’s a very welcome feature, I must say!!😊😊🙋🏻‍♂️
"The colour of light is almighty, it gives us not only day and night but the entire shape of life" - Patrick Pedersen

-Proud Nikon FE2 owner since a age of 9!-

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 10:55:50 »
Hi all! 😊

After we got married two years ago last month, I received a present from Nikon Europe, among the stuff they sent, there was a yellow ribbon in plastic with two “slots” for use. See the pictures I’ve posted!
Does anybody know what this really is??
I’ve asked the local photo store and they did the  have any answer at all. They had never seen anything like it ever!
So I went on asking different photographers, without any more luck, everybody scratch their head and don’t understand anything what this is!..

Can anyone tell me, please, what in the world this is!!?? It would be so great and I would appreciate it insanely much!!!???🤔🤔

Patrick

The key is obviously in the word "marriage" which is a "connection" ... Nikon did not dare to say you are married (to them, the F-mount, the system) so they used a synonym: connected. "I am connected" is Japanese for "I am happily married to Nikon". says Mr. Wordsmith.  ;D
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 10:57:56 »
Now I know what it is!!!!

I is a "conversation piece".

;) :) :D :) ;D ;D ;)

Bill De Jager

• NG Supporter
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 16:11:40 »

But I downloaded the SnapBridge app a couple of days ago, as the D500 has both WIFI and Bluetooth, the SnapBridge app works really flawless! And the connection is in fact not bad at all!!
So that’s a very welcome feature, I must say!!😊😊🙋🏻‍♂️

Then the pictured item must have been an earlier version they were trying to unload.  The newer version probably has an improved polymer.