Author Topic: new L mount family  (Read 2168 times)

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
new L mount family
« on: September 25, 2018, 11:10:16 »
Leica, Panasonic and Sigma announcing the use of L mount for their new cameras and lenses cause a lot of discussions, who will win or loose on this game. In general I find it intersting for all and very good for the users. What I assume, is a big coming competition for Sony in 8K videos, done by Panasonic and in future with original Leica lenses.....maybe we will get a new style in film, not only Zeiss look  (which I like quite much)
Thomas Stellwag

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Re: new L mount family
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:26:52 »
Leica is opening up on the SL mount for third parties, Sigma and Panasonic to make lenses,,, hmmm interesting but only for the Leica mirrorless people i guess,,,
Erik Lund

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 12:51:20 »
Leica is opening up on the SL mount for third parties, Sigma and Panasonic to make lenses,,, hmmm interesting but only for the Leica mirrorless people i guess,,,

Panasonic and Sigma are developing camera bodeis as well.  They are not third parties anymore but Leica's alliances now.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 13:09:36 »
Let's see how it goes  8)  Leica and Panasonic have been in alliance for years on many products, which where carbon copy items, with very few differences, except for the steep Leica pricing  :o
Erik Lund

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 13:15:05 »
Let's see how it goes  8)  Leica and Panasonic have been in alliance for years on many products, which where carbon copy items, with very few differences, except for the steep Leica pricing  :o

Also, Sigma used to produce Vario Elmar-R 28-70mm/f3.5-4.5.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 13:18:42 »
Right I forgot, just goes to show,,,  ;)
Erik Lund

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 15:12:59 »
Now don't forget that red badge Erik!  LOL  ;D ;D ;D

Hugh Gunn

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 00:02:49 »
Sigma is also going to make a Canon EF to L adapter so Canon lenses can also be used on the Leica, Pana and Sigma cameras with the L mount.

See DPR for the details: https://www.dpreview.com/news/4798649806/sigma-to-take-foveon-full-frame-and-move-to-l-mount
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 00:06:43 »
According to the Japanese announcement, Sigma also is going to make Sigma SA to L mount adapter for the existing (if any!) SA mount camera users.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 10:47:11 »
I guess one mount for all would be a dream come true for photographers. It is the business models of the makers that keep this from happening. They want us to buy new stuff as often as possible. Full system change in the best case.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 01:56:40 »
I guess one mount for all would be a dream come true for photographers. It is the business models of the makers that keep this from happening. They want us to buy new stuff as often as possible. Full system change in the best case.

Yes.  Pentax K mount had originally been intended as the universal mount, which ended up as failed attempt...

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 12:27:10 »
Yes.  Pentax K mount had originally been intended as the universal mount, which ended up as failed attempt...

The manufacturers of adapters also love the situation
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/