Author Topic: Canon's Lens Adapter- Filter Holder - Simple yet Invaluable  (Read 1336 times)

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Canon's Lens Adapter- Filter Holder - Simple yet Invaluable
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 13:28:05 »
There may be some unwanted optical effect from the addition of the filter in a position of the light path where it was not intended when designing the lens.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 15:43:30 »
Well if you design the adapter with a neutral filter always installed it's ok i guess for long lenses, just like the longer Nikkors has drop in filter inserted as standard. It's just very different how WA lenses react to glass thickness at that point,,,
Erik Lund

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 17:23:19 »
In a not-too-distant future , where Z cameras are modified to be "full spectrum" or similar, having a rear filtration option for various exotic lenses should offer a great advantage. This approach works well on my modified Panasonics, so no reason it wouldn't apply to the Z range as well.

MILLIREHM

• NG Supporter
  • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 19:00:46 »
I hope the Z-cameras will be good full-spectrum cameras as well.
Wolfgang Rehm

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 20:07:37 »
My prime target for conversion at present is the Z6, but unfortunately I might not have my own camera in hand before November. Whether a conversion is feasible remains unclear -- time will show. The Z7, arriving hopefully in a couple of weeks, will not be modified though as it slots in besides my D810 for macro work.

MILLIREHM

• NG Supporter
  • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 21:54:21 »
https://www.dpreview.com/news/0628186309/three-ef-to-rf-adapters-available-for-eos-r

perhaps Nikon will wise up to its potential - http://www.naturalart.ca/voice/blog.html

Read the links now, fine blog, thanks (also what he writes about the D5 being superior to Z or A9 regarding the wildlife camera)
I'd also like to buy several adapters for different purposes if available
The 12-24 mm F/2,8 could also be fine if that solution works - but thats Ultra wide and maybe more delicate
Wolfgang Rehm