Author Topic: I want to give you all a Z7 for free, so enjoy!  (Read 2677 times)

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• Nature and Landscape Photographer, Educated as a press Photographer for almost 30 years ago.
  • NG Member
  • You and me, -Are the real legacy of Nikon
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
I want to give you all a Z7 for free, so enjoy!
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:45:05 »
Here’s a early Christmas gift from me to you! Enjoy! ::) ;)
"The colour of light is almighty, it gives us not only day and night but the entire shape of life" - Patrick Pedersen

-Proud Nikon FE2 owner since a age of 9!-

Nikkor Shooter

• This is not my language… just trying to use it!
  • NG Member
  • I shoot what I like… to like what I shoot! :)
Re: I want to give you all a Z7 for free, so enjoy!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 09:57:10 »

Wow Patrick, thanks for the super great idea…

I think I will appreciate yours waaaay more than the "real" one
as I don't think the mirrorless is anything for me… and I don't
get the hype anyway!
Light is free… capturing it is not!

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• Nature and Landscape Photographer, Educated as a press Photographer for almost 30 years ago.
  • NG Member
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:03:18 »

Wow Patrick, thanks for the super great idea…

I think I will appreciate yours waaaay more than the "real" one
as I don't think the mirrorless is anything for me… and I don't
get the hype anyway!

I think I’ll stick to the F mount a while more myself! I’m not a mirrorless camera fan, at all!.. But I still haven’t had the chance to try or even hold the new Z6 or Z7, perhaps they’re just so good that my mind will alter its thinking about the mirrorless system after all, who knows.. But till now I’ve just hated mirrorless!!
Have a nice day, “Nikkor Shooter”!!😊👍
"The colour of light is almighty, it gives us not only day and night but the entire shape of life" - Patrick Pedersen

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 10:06:17 »
Will there be a complimentary XQD card too??

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• NG Member
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 10:15:36 »
Will there be a complimentary XQD card too??
Yeah, sure.. I’ll print a few for you, which I’ll bring when I come!! Sent you a sms just some minutes ago, Birna. I’m going to deliver my iPhone to repair today so I’ll call you later. Do you want me to come today or do you want me to wait till your back from your little two days trip to Netherlands the 13 and 14?? Jeanette is going to have surgery to remove a tooth that has split in two on Tuesday. And you’re leaving on Thursday and back on Friday, but how about (f.i.) next weekend??

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 10:25:31 »
I think I’ll stick to the F mount a while more myself! I’m not a mirrorless camera fan, at all!.. But I still haven’t had the chance to try or even hold the new Z6 or Z7, perhaps they’re just so good that my mind will alter its thinking about the mirrorless system after all, who knows.. But till now I’ve just hated mirrorless!!
Have a nice day, “Nikkor Shooter”!!😊👍

I have never been a ML fan too. The "no go" was the EVF. From the short trial, I have to admit that the EVF is not more an obstacle. You should try it.

Z7 with adapter and Nikkor 105mm f/1.4
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Nikkor Shooter

• NG Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 10:35:36 »
I have never been a ML fan too. The "no go" was the EVF. From the short trial, I have to admit that the EVF is not more an obstacle. You should try it.

Yes, I heard of the improved (over other makers) EVF but I LOVE the weight
of my of my DSLR's and I've grown a family of 4 with them… and at this point,
investing in a new "one slot" system doesn't seem to make any sense.

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• NG Member
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 10:36:04 »

That’s actually one of the most important things I hate in a mirrorless, The really BAD EVF !! But if it’s as good as I’ve heard, like other things in these cameras which I like, I might consider a Z6 or Z7 in a trillion years, that’s when I’ve probably saved enough money 💵 💰 💵 💰! But then again, like always, the cameras will be obsolete.... That’s me!...😢😢😭😭😢😢😢😩😫😩😢😢😭😭

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• NG Member
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 10:40:17 »
Yes, I heard of the improved (over other makers) EVF but I LOVE the weight
of my of my DSLR's and I've grown a family of 4 with them… and at this point,
investing in a new "one slot" system doesn't seem to make any sense.

The weight on my D810 f.i. is want I want in a camera. I don’t like them to be too light, because I don’t get the same sturdy grip and shot!
But you write; "One slot", do you mean you’ll have trouble with only one XQD card slot?? Man, I wonder what you did back in the film days with only 36 exposures a film... 🤔😃😉😊

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• NG Member
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 10:44:50 »

I love that lens you got on! The 105 1.4!! I don’t have it but I’ve borrowed it from Birna once, and it was just something I have to get!! That lens I felt immediately comfortable with!! On my wish list!! But, Santa 🎅🏼 doesn’t bring such expensive gifts to such old children anymore!!...😢😢

Nikkor Shooter

• NG Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 10:46:41 »
But you write; "One slot", do you mean you’ll have trouble with only one XQD card slot?? Man, I wonder what you did back in the film days with only 36 exposures a film... 🤔😃😉😊

One may lose a film or card… but I never got a film gone bad like a card may.
Make cards as safe as film was and I'll drop the argument from the list!  :P

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 10:52:34 »
The weight on my D810 f.i. is want I want in a camera. I don’t like them to be too light, because I don’t get the same sturdy grip and shot!

I don't like too lightweight / small cameras, but the F7 is doing alright. It really feels like a full-grown Nikon DSLR.

If the single slot was a SD-slot, I would agree. But it'a a XQD card, which are much tougher and resilient. Last week, I had a CRD Err on my D850, and guess from which slot it came ? The SD slot of course. No, one XQD is fine. And if you want a real back-up, then you should opt for a spare camera.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 10:53:17 »
Cards will not suffer from foot- or thumbprints of the lab techs ... Or developed film carefully cut into half frames. Even pro labs such as Kodak managed to destroy films back in the "golden era".

Compared to film digital media are virtually fool- and bombproof.

Nikkor Shooter

• NG Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 10:57:47 »
Cards will not suffer from foot- or thumbprints of the lab techs ... Or developed film carefully cut into half frames. Even pro labs such as Kodak managed to destroy films back in the "golden era".

Compared to film digital media are virtually fool- and bombproof.

I would not consider going back to film for a minute. I never experienced
any of the horrors your describe though!

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 11:06:40 »
I kept some of the damaged film frames just as a reminder of "good ol' times". The decision to go fully digital in '99 is the best I ever done.