Author Topic: Hello from Kentucky  (Read 2414 times)

Tiktok67

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Hello from Kentucky
« on: September 10, 2018, 00:37:52 »
Greetings to all, and I’m glad to be part of such a great forum. 

I’m returning to serious photography after a 20 year break for a career and raising my sons.  I continued to take photos all those years, but mostly family snapshots and not much more than entry level DSLRs and kit lenses. Last time I was a “serious amateur” the Nikon F4 was the latest and greatest camera that I longed for but couldn’t afford. 

Fast forward 20 years and now I now I finally own an F4.....for which I gave the princely sum of $200 for a MIB body!

I stumbled across the forum after reading Bjorn’s reviews of Nikkor lenses. I’m also a big, big fan of my Nikon Df so I enjoy reading about that camera here as well.

I have a mix of old MF Nikkor as well as recent autofocus lenses that I really enjoy using. In addition to the Df I have a D500 that I use for wildlife and BIF (awesome camera!) and a growing collection of older Nikon film cameras to include the previously mentioned F4 as well as an F3 and F2AS. They all have a place in my rotation, and having a mix of modern and classics makes this hobby much more rewarding this time around.

Shawn

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Hello from Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 00:44:26 »
Welcome to our friendly forum.

ianwatson

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 04:40:26 »
Welcome, Shawn, to this delightful corner of cyberspace. A mix of old and new is great fun. Do share your thoughts and your photographs.

PetEer

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 10:28:29 »
welcome brother to the forum find good friends and help them and get help by them and enjoy your stay here.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 12:25:47 »
welcome. Yes the F4 is something. One of the best MF viewfinders ever made. I did never take her AF serious but I loved it for manual focus compatability and reliable measuring, esp spot metering!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 10:40:58 »
Welcome! Enjoy NikonGear ;)
Erik Lund

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter