Author Topic: Portzy Park  (Read 1053 times)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
Portzy Park
« on: September 01, 2018, 20:51:10 »
A few shots while waiting for my son to return from Wuppertal after a three-month internship there.
The surroundings of Lille Europe station used to be military exercise fields, and are now architectural sandboxes, king size.
Portzamparc, Rem Kolhaas & others...
Df, 20/2.8 AIS stopped down, and 50/2 AI at f/2 and f/8.
Airy Magnien

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
Re: Portzy Park
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 21:04:49 »
maybe this one is better framed
Airy Magnien

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 22:30:18 »
Rem Koolhaas

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 23:20:53 »
Great series showing the new Lille's "playground for famed architects"  ;) Though I tend to prefer some more "humble" work in some other districts, this showroom was a necessity to bring the city to it's "Metropole" status  8)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 07:35:21 »
Rem Koolhaas

oops sorry for the mistake
Airy Magnien

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 07:38:28 »
Great series showing the new Lille's "playground for famed architects"  ;) Though I tend to prefer some more "humble" work in some other districts, this showroom was a necessity to bring the city to it's "Metropole" status  8)

Precisely.
I understand the purpose and, although I do not particularly like the means employed, they did not do a bad job.

My only (real) rant is against the fact that France is, in general, a very particular country where it rains inside train stations (i.e. even when they are covered), and Lille Europe is alas no exception.
Airy Magnien

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 10:26:51 »
Lille Europe is more of a weird "metro" station for TGVs then the classical "glory" of french railways stations, which were, for most of them, architectural and engineering feats with "elegance" (best span for minimum material), as seen in the 19th century. Lille Flandres is in such spirit :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.