Author Topic: Hello one and all  (Read 1869 times)

DavidFranks

Hello one and all
« on: July 09, 2018, 20:30:50 »
Hailing from Southeastern Oklahoma I enjoy photographing aviation of all types, with occasional forays into landscape, city and other photography interests. I tend to focus more on pictures rather than photos as photography is a very creative process that extends well beyond simply taking a photo. I use Nikon gear primarily although I have been known to use other gear as well. Looking forward to becoming part of the community.

-David Franks

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
Re: Hello one and all
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 20:55:16 »
Welcome to our nice place in space  :)

beryllium10

• NG Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 07:24:01 »
Welcome David.  This is a good site for people interested in the intersection between the creative and technical aspects of photography.  Lately aviation posts have been more birds than aircraft, so looking forward to seeing some of your pictures.

Cheers,  John

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 14:11:05 »
David is now back as David Franks,,, not sure how you wan't this sorted out here,,, guess you could just say hi to your alter ego ;)
Erik Lund

David Franks

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 14:15:34 »
I do have this weird looking in mirror feeling  :o

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 11:31:34 »
welcome back and enjoy. Have you been away since the old, South African days of Nikongear? Then please notice that since 2015 this is a new site only the people are the old people and Dallas is not here anymore...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 13:28:14 »
OT.

I just had an eMail from Dallas, he has dropped 12,000 members from the Fotozones database, leaving, according to the eMail, 1425 active members.

He claims a level of excitement he hasn't felt for a long time...

Oh well.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK