Author Topic: Inside the greenhouse  (Read 940 times)

RBSinTo

• NG Member
Inside the greenhouse
« on: June 18, 2018, 14:12:57 »
Taken yesterday in Detroit Michigan, during a visit with a photobud who is doing a project on the Michigan Urban Farming Initiative, a program to grow food on unused plots of land within the city.
At one of the farm sites we visited, in addition to the fields of fruits and vegetables they have erected two greenhouses and currently have plans to put up a third.
Looking into one, I watched while one of the volunteers weeded the young crop, and took this shot.
Nikon D3
zoom-Nikkor 24~70 2.8 ED AF-S G
f16 @ 1/80 ISO 200
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Inside the greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 14:15:43 »
i love these modern foil roofs, the light distribution is much more even than with these old heavy glass works. beautiful shot.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 18:44:11 »
Frank,
Thanks for commenting.
One really can't go wrong when the entire structure one is shooting in is a giant diffuser.
Robert
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 23:25:06 »
Beautiful lines and light. The initiative sounds very good, is ti working so far?

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 23:45:47 »
Golunvolo,
Thanks for the kind words.
Yes the MUFI is doing well.
http://www.miufi.org/
See for yourself. Very interesting.
Robert