Author Topic: the Beatles and their Nikons  (Read 2743 times)

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
the Beatles and their Nikons
« on: May 28, 2018, 12:04:03 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU4MB22gPt0

OK now that I got you with the title, it's more like Ringo talking about his photography with pictures of him with his F and F2 (which he still uses) along with some commentaries on his Nikkor fisheye that he used to take Paul's picture.  :o :o :o

looks like he got George and the others to get their own Nikons after a trip here in Japan

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
Re: the Beatles and their Nikons
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 07:10:26 »
...but no Greens of Summer.  :(
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 18:57:09 »
looks like he got George and the others to get their own Nikons after a trip here in Japan
It seems they got some Asahi Pentax  :o
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Wannabebetter

• NG Member
  • Grateful For The Instruction Provided Me
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 15:06:33 »
Ringo's black Pentax was prominently featured throughout A Hard Day's Night, most memorably, perhaps, for the [spoiler alert] accident it sustained off the towpath -- in Surrey? Many aspiring and experienced photographers can or could relate. (It's why rust-and-relic gear is so readily available on eBay... ) Now, a certain, once future, Beatle spouse was famously on the scene -- when New York still had one -- with her Nikon. All speculation about a familial connection to the Kodak brand was purely fictive; like "Paul is dead".   ::)

I have a clear picture in my mind, of George slinging a fab, gear [pun intended] black Nikon F, somewhere at some time, but that proves nothing. I can however affirm he was once -- maybe more then that -- in possession of, own or was seen using, a silver "plain prism" [sic] Nikon F.

I am the Agfa man. They are the Ansco men. I am the Wollensak! Goo-goo g'joob! 8)