Author Topic: d850 aerial adventures  (Read 12528 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: d850 aerial adventures
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 03:46:52 »
actually, all the motors/ESCs and flight controller are all DJI. they’re just sold separately, but more or less compatible!

the integration has come a long way on the new ready to fly ones, with tons of sensors and so on.

Thank you for the details.  Apparently it still is a challenging work!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

senthilcumar

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 08:05:48 »
Hello All,

I'm a wildlife and nature photographer, but new to UAV. I tried a friend's Mavic Air recently while on a photo trip. I like the perspective from air and have been wondering about getting one myself.

I certainly would like atleast a full-frame DSLR or mirrorless in the air, and have read quite a bit in the past few days about the UAV, gimbal and intelli-G but still very confused.

I have been looking at a Matrice 600 Pro with Ronin MX gimbal, and stumbled upon this post. Gremsy T3 looks interesting and seems to take D850.

I have a Nikon D850 and can use it with either 16-35 f/4 or 24-70 f/2.8 lens. I read somewhere that Nikon has issues with remote control of settings such as aperture, shutter speed and focus point. Is it still a problem? Total weight of camera + lens would be about 1.7 - 2 kg.

Another option (preferable) - Fuji GFX 50S mirrorless + 32-64mm f/4 lens. Can this be used with either of those gimbals? How would be control of the settings be? Total weight of camera + lens would be about 1.7 kg.

I'd be the only operator - of the craft and gimbal/camera. Can I achieve this with a single controller or would I need 2 separate controllers and have to go back and forth? For any meaningful photography I'd need live video feed.

I'd really appeciate if someone can let me know the potential setup or point to where I can find more info.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Cheers,
Senthil

dell

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 19:13:40 »
Hey Guys!

I'm finishing a new device for controlling cameras on drones (AIR Commander Entire) and have Nikon D850 currently on the table.
At this point, my device is able to control Shutter-Speed / Aperture / ISO / WB / AF trigger / manual focusing / zoom to live view / toggle PASM modes and trigger photo / video remotely (for 1km of range).

I have made a short video about the device here:
https://youtu.be/NkzZrx2rCqY

Do you feel that a device like this can help you during flight?

dell

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 18:27:17 »
Just one little update, a few days ago I had a chance to test also Nikon Z6 and Z7 and it also works!

You can get full control above the Nikon Cameras for more than 1km of range remotely...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUnFtQfRNsk

http://shop.airpixel.cz/product/air-commander-entire/