Author Topic: Processing of UVIVF Image in LR  (Read 2006 times)

Seapy

• NG Member
Processing of UVIVF Image in LR
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:20:52 »
Can't remember what version of Lightroom this image was originally processed but it would have been September 2010.

On deeper investigation it seems that image was processed in Photoshop, there would have been nothing radical, levels was the main adjustment I used in Ps, but it would probably have had WB set in ACR on it's way into Ps.  I will dig a little today but I am preparing for a trip on Monday so not sure how much I can find out today.

This is another image taken about the same time, how does this compare for you?  I do have the adjustment details for these images.

The original exposure:

Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: Processing of UVIVF Image in LR
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 13:37:04 »

More lovely UVIVF captures, thanks for posting! In addition to my comment on colors of the first one in the other thread, there are some beautiful details.

One observation which may or may not be a clue: The ever present lint does not have the usual bright blue color. (That is a nice improvement, particularly in the last two captures). No hurry, take your time.
Øivind Tøien

Seapy

• NG Member
Re: Processing of UVIVF Image in LR
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 17:04:49 »
Thank you for the kind words, I find the UV side of things both reflected and inflorescent to be fascinating, the effects and delicate colours are unlike anything else.

I am sure I ran a thread in the original NikonGear forum about this but that will have disappeared into the depths of Dallas archives by now I guess.  I constructed a LED UV light source using a Nichia 3W 365nm LED with some elements from a special UV photosensitive viewer which I believe are fluoride glass of some sort, focusing the light but leaving it intact, without attenuating it too much.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK