Author Topic: Mother and child-4  (Read 1084 times)

RBSinTo

• NG Member
Mother and child-4
« on: May 11, 2018, 03:59:04 »
Taken yesterday at Edward's Gardens here in Toronto.
 I had just received a lens that was repaired and went to the park to check it out.
 While walking around I spotted a mother playing with her infant child on the grass beside a bed of flowers. I was entranced by the mothers obvious loving and tender interaction with the child and grabbed this shot.
 Nikon D3
 zoom-Nikkor 70~200 2.8 G ED AF
 2.8 @ 1/1000th ISO 200
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
Re: Mother and child-4
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 04:27:45 »
Beautiful image of a beautiful moment
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 05:39:04 »
Armando,
Thank you for your kind comment.
Robert
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

Rick Waldroup

• NG Member
    • Rick Waldroup Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 11:47:02 »
Nice shot, Robert.  I really like how you framed the scene with the flowers in the foreground.

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 12:27:27 »
Nice shot, Robert.  I really like how you framed the scene with the flowers in the foreground.
Rick,
Thanks for commenting.
The composition was really just the luck of the draw.
I approached the pair along a sidewalk, and at the point where I passed them, there was a bed of daffodils between us, so when I grabbed the shot the foreground was established. All I did was a bit of cropping to remove a couple of distracting elements, and put the mother's head in roughly a thirds position.
Easy peasy.
Robert