Author Topic: Best Micro-Nikkor for film digitizing in the 1:1 to 3:1 range, using a D850?  (Read 4307 times)

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
We are deviating from the original topic here, nor does it fit well under the 'Lens Talk' category.

I had wanted to start a new topic about LED lighting spectrum, I have obtained a prism to try to analyse the light spectrum from these various LED light sources but have yet to find a way to mount it on a camera.  This is an important, vital? aspect of indoor photography, flash isn't an ideal lighting medium and modelling can be a challenge,  LED's seem to be ideal, with added advantage of being small, low power consumption and cool, but obtaining LED lamps's with a reasonably complete spectrum isn't easy.

Does this Nichia Ultra-High CRI White LED fit the bill?

http://www.nichia.co.jp/en/product/led_product_data.html?type=%27NF2W757G-F1%20(Rfa00,Rfc00)%27

Please can somebody who knows, point me to an ideal LED which is good for indoors 'daylight' spectrum photography, preferably with COB, (Chip on Board).

A spectrometer like I use is certainly a much better way to measure that, but comes at a price $$$$..... ;-)

Nichia LEDs have proven to be of excellentg quality and its Ra of 95 seems to prove that!!
formerly known as kds315

benveniste

• NG Member
  • I think, therefore I am. I think.
Do any of shorter focal length F- mount Micro-Nikkors yield equivalent performance to the APO-Rodagon D 75mm f/4?

Here's a fairly "quick and dirty" 2:1 example using a D800, a 60mm f/2.8D very near minimum focus with 56mm of extension via 2 Kenko tubes.  Downsized to 50% to meet forum limitations, NEF on request.