Author Topic: Reading books is not dead  (Read 1030 times)

RBSinTo

• NG Member
Reading books is not dead
« on: April 16, 2018, 13:14:48 »
Taken last summer at Edward's Gardens a large botanical garden and park here in Toronto.
I was just entering the garden grounds when I noticed a young woman sitting on a bench in front of the main building, engrossed in a book that she was reading.
I was attracted both by the scene and the rare sight of a young person engaged in a page and paper book, rather than an electronic device, and grabbed this shot.
Cosina Voigtlander R2S Bessa
Nikon 35 1.8 in Nikon S-mount manual focus
Fuji 100 ISO colour slide
f4 @ 1/2000th
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

Jim Covello

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • The Artful Engineer
Re: Reading books is not dead
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 21:48:33 »
My daughter’s perfect Christmas. This is about three weeks’ reading. So it’s not dead by any means; she mat singlehandedly keep it going.

Peter Forsell

• NG Member
  • A Cunning Linguist
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 22:13:05 »
Taken last summer at Edward's Gardens a large botanical garden and park here in Toronto.
I was just entering the garden grounds when I noticed a young woman sitting on a bench in front of the main building, engrossed in a book that she was reading.
I was attracted both by the scene and the rare sight of a young person engaged in a page and paper book, rather than an electronic device, and grabbed this shot.

Lovely image and the timing is perfect, her putting her hair behind her ear is what makes this shot for me. Beautiful work.

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 23:43:31 »
Lovely image and the timing is perfect, her putting her hair behind her ear is what makes this shot for me. Beautiful work.
Thanks Peter,
There were so many things about his scene that I loved: The subject's pose, her delicate right hand, even her clothing, plus the wonderful light.
And despite the background being a window full of merchandise, it is unobtrusive enough not to detract from the subject.
Robert
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.