Author Topic: 106th day of January  (Read 1311 times)

ianwatson

106th day of January
« on: April 16, 2018, 16:22:04 »
Winter is not funny anymore. Where is spring? This was the view from my front door last night after two days of freezing rain. That is not snow, just ice.

Nikon D3, Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 AI, ISO 200, f/8, 15s.

RBSinTo

• NG Member
Re: 106th day of January
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 18:18:43 »
Winter is not funny anymore. Where is spring? This was the view from my front door last night after two days of freezing rain. That is not snow, just ice.

Nikon D3, Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 AI, ISO 200, f/8, 15s.
Ian,
Don't know exactly where you live but it appears to be close by.
I nearly broke my neck going out this morning to check on a stairwell drain at the rear of our house.
But cheer up. It's only what, a couple of months until we get our two weeks of glorious summer.
Robert
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 14:29:13 »

+1
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 17:55:12 »
very moody emotional picture. well done!!!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

ianwatson

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 19:05:04 »
Robert, I'm just a bit further north of Toronto than you. Clearing my driveway was quite the workout! Our Scandinavian friends are probably chuckling at me  :D

Frank, thank you. I would have liked to have had a little less of my neighbour's garage on the left but the freezing rain was still falling.

gryphon1911

• Looking For The Best Light
  • NG Member
  • Use The Best Light - ANY Light that is available!
    • Best Light Photographic Photographic
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 21:45:21 »
Central Ohio is still in the throws of winter!   The last 2 days we have had snow ad highs of about 37F.  Lady Winter is still being a harsh mistress.  They are saying that a high pressure system should push in by the weekend and bring with it 60F and sun.
Andrew
Nikon Z6/D500/Df Shooter (Various lenses), Olympus PEN-F (Various lenses), Fuji XPro2/X-E3 (various lenses)

ianwatson

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 04:48:13 »
It has been the same here, Andrew. The local red-winged blackbird is my personal harbinger of spring. They were around a couple of weeks ago but fell silent. I will let you know if I hear them again!

ianwatson

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 04:49:35 »
Why did I not notice all the dirt on my sensor until just now?  :o

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 09:33:04 »
It creeps in without asking and settles quietly...  ;)
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK