Author Topic: Rural street art  (Read 2709 times)

Bjørn J

• NG Member
  • North of the Arctic Circle
Rural street art
« on: July 14, 2015, 23:59:50 »
Two famous Norwegian street artists travelled around Lofoten and painted on old derelict buildings.
On a remote and desolate road I found this beautiful artwork.

Bjørn Jørgensen

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: Rural street art
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 00:51:05 »
You added your own reflections on the matter, I see ....

Looks like the same house I captured in 2006, by the way:

Bjørn J

• NG Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:02:26 »
Before street artists Pøbel and Dolk (Rebel and Dagger) arrived on the scene, obviously :)
Bjørn Jørgensen

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 08:25:32 »
I haven't heard of Lofoten until I arrived upon this forum. All you Norsemen speak of Lofoten and I thought it was a city in Norway. This thread has cause me to do some Googling and Lofoten is an archipelago and a very very interesting place. Show me more images.
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 09:25:14 »
Someone hacked down the trees Bjørn captured in 2006
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 11:34:58 »
Great shots guys

Gary - dont get them going - the gang have visited that part of the world more than once - and boy did they shoot the most beautiful Northern lights.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Bjørn J

• NG Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 12:00:52 »
I haven't heard of Lofoten until I arrived upon this forum. All you Norsemen speak of Lofoten and I thought it was a city in Norway. This thread has cause me to do some Googling and Lofoten is an archipelago and a very very interesting place. Show me more images.

For those interested in dramatic and spectacular nature, fjords, open sea, coastal culture, cod fish, friendly and a bit rough (positive meaning) people, Lofoten is THE place to visit. I go there 2-3 times each year and never tire of the place. If you get here I will gladly guide you around :)
You can also have a look at www.lofotenimages.com
Bjørn Jørgensen

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 15:23:14 »
A Nice collection of Lofoten images you have created there, Bjørn J. A pity we haven't got the smell to be a part of our photography, although with some of your photos (2nd page), it does not take much of an imagination to 'feel it' !!

'Rough' people as in the most outspoken, reliable, honest, and earnest persons you are ever likely to encounter. Appreciating the true depth and range of their personalities depend on you being able to understand the language of course, which even for native Norwegians from the southern part of the country sometimes can be quite a challenge. The old (80+) lady from whom we rent the 'rorbu' (fishermen's cabins, usually painted red) is a good example. She's been in the rental business for decades and does not speak any English, yet says communicating with her guests coming from all over the world is easy and simple. When Bjørn J, Andrea B., and I stayed there in 2014, she found out that Andrea had slept on the first floor and because that part of the rorbu had no separate kitchen, she wouldn't charge anything for Andrea's stay.

Bjørn J

• NG Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 15:54:09 »
Bjørn, Lydia is 80 this year, and still going strong. I visited her when I was there a week ago, all her "rorbu" are fully booked for the whole summer. She asked if we all will come back anytime soon :)
Bjørn Jørgensen

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 17:18:11 »

For those interested in dramatic and spectacular nature, fjords, open sea, coastal culture, cod fish, friendly and a bit rough (positive meaning) people, Lofoten is THE place to visit. I go there 2-3 times each year and never tire of the place. If you get here I will gladly guide you around :)

If I go I want the Viking Tour.
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala

James Fitzgerald

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 21:15:35 »
Bjørn, after seeing your nice collection of Lofoten images I'm hooked.
If I can ever scrape together the funds a visit is very high on my list. Of course I'll need a tour guide.  ;D
Great photography... particularly like the abstracts.

Bjørn J

• NG Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 21:44:53 »

Gary, do you mean the Viking Tour riding on Icelandic horses, or a visit to the Lofotr Viking Musueum?
Bjørn Jørgensen

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 23:37:35 »

Gary, do you mean the Viking Tour riding on Icelandic horses, or a visit to the Lofotr Viking Musueum?

The former of course. I'll bring my own battle axe.

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 14:57:05 »
Visiting Lofoten can not be recommended enough, especially with Bjørn as a guide.
Jørgen Ramskov