Author Topic: Nikon sensor design lab  (Read 3120 times)

Seapy

• NG Member
Re: Nikon sensor design lab
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 18:43:40 »
Fascinating but Nikon like everyone else won't let the media see what they truly have for testing and development. We're seeing a mere surface.

Err, yes but I assume that what we are NOT seeing isn't a hammer and an anvil but even more sophisticated and extreme precision than perhaps is imaginable.  Perhaps we can rely on Nikon to do what the others have so far failed to do, that is produce a superb mirrorless photographic tool.

That can't be crafted from zero, it HAS to be developed.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Macro_Cosmos

• NG Member
    • Flickr
Re: Nikon sensor design lab
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 17:35:35 »
Code: [Select]
Err, yes but I assume that what we are NOT seeing isn't a hammer and an anvil but even more sophisticated and extreme precision than perhaps is imaginable.  Perhaps we can rely on Nikon to do what the others have so far failed to do, that is produce a superb mirrorless photographic tool.

That can't be crafted from zero, it HAS to be developed.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. I have a simplistic understanding of most of the stuff as I like looking into the field of photonics, the equipment is already high end, at least far better than what my university offers.

One has to imagine what kind of monsters they hide away. The intention of my original remark was exactly this. I wasn't claiming the lab is "just for media coverage to look good", it's not the "North Korea amusement park", haha.
Photomicrography gallery: Instagram
Blog: Diatoms Australia
Andor Zyla 5.5 sCMOS | Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash V2 | Nikon Z6 | Olympus Microscope