Author Topic: new Nikon Firmware releases  (Read 1819 times)

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
Re: new Nikon Firmware releases
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 12:02:36 »
D800E, gets a modified support for AF-P DX Lenses.
John Gallagher

jgould2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 16:11:00 »
Hi all.

I should mention that if you upgrade to the latest firmware on your D810 some older Sigmas will no longer autofocus. So far I have identified the Sigma 50 f/1.4 DG HSM EX (confirmed by a fellow Nikonian) and the Sigma 50-500 f/4.5-6.3 DG APO HSM. They will not autofocus and the af-mode button does not work for either autofocus mode or af-area mode.

JIM

Matthew Currie

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 20:00:19 »
According to the info, the D7100 upgrade does include a fix for a possible metering problem with E type lenses and Live View, which I've not encountered, but figure I might at some point,  and I've thought intermittently about getting one of the 10-20DX lenses for traveling, so I did the upgrade with no issues.  The only AF lens I have that's not a Nikon is a moldy Tamron screw drive one, which I haven't tried, so no compatibility issues here.

They do warn that this upgrade will reset various settings, which I don't recall seeing in previous ones.  I didn't try it after updating to see what settings actually were changed, but had no visible issue saving and restoring.  Everything seems to be as it was before.

jgould2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 18:55:12 »
Hi all.

Another lens has been reported to no longer work: Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM EX. And another: Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro APO DG HSM with OS (Although the version without OS does still work).

JIM