Author Topic: Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye on FX  (Read 11375 times)

Seapy

• NG Member
Re: Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye on FX
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2019, 23:27:18 »
I need a portable solution; Seapy's beautiful accomplishment has the only defect of being hardly portable...

I refute that! LOL  At 71 I have carried it and a large heavy tripod to the tops of mountains and the bottom of large sinkholes on my own!  But I agree for the average sensible person it's probably not pocketable...

Perhaps a lightweight version is begging to be made... Perhaps from 10mm thick metal instead of 25mm.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

mxbianco

• NG Supporter
  • A teddy bear from the Alps, rarely fierce
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2019, 10:22:31 »
I refute that! LOL  At 71 I have carried it and a large heavy tripod to the tops of mountains and the bottom of large sinkholes on my own!  But I agree for the average sensible person it's probably not pocketable...

Perhaps a lightweight version is begging to be made... Perhaps from 10mm thick metal instead of 25mm.

I think you have quite some margin for a weight reduction, your 1.0 version is safe enough for the 6mm (which is already full circle), the 10.5 is really a diminutive lens, especially after its circumcision...

Ciao from Massimo
Since evolution has given us TWO ears and ONE mouth, we are supposed (me included) to be doing more listening than talking.

Kim Pilegaard

• "Nikea"
  • NG Supporter
  • Copenhagen
    • Profile at Nature Photographers in Denmark
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2021, 16:29:39 »
They are not AFS lenses,,,

10.5mm is AF-G screw driver type,,, The 16mm is AF-D also Screw driver type,,,

The 16mm Ai and Ais, 8mm f/2.8 and even 6mm f/2.8 also take converters very well actually  ;)

I tried it out today: 10.5mm f/2.8 + TC-14A gives a 15mm f/4 (almost full frame). Here is an example (not a very interesting motive, but it shows that it works):
Kim