Author Topic: A short walk in Glen Ogle  (Read 637 times)

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
A short walk in Glen Ogle
« on: February 11, 2018, 16:10:09 »
Large swathes of the Glen Ogle forest have been "harvested" (clear-felled) but there are still good things up there. A 90min. walk with my D600, 18-35 and 70-200/4 lenses.

Seapy

• NG Member
Re: A short walk in Glen Ogle
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 16:23:49 »
Nice walk David, not too much snow I see...  lovely contrast in your photo's.  The forecast is for light snow all week I think.

Heaving it down here, a whiteout on our way back from town, almost had to stop.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 16:29:36 »
Love #2!

In a way, #6 is one of the most DP-esque types of images to me.  I always wonder which actually inspires you, the overall wallpaper-like texture, the hidden rhythm of the intricately repetitive pattern, a play of fine geometry?
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 16:52:32 »
Nice walk David, not too much snow I see...  lovely contrast in your photo's.  The forecast is for light snow all week I think.
Heaving it down here, a whiteout on our way back from town, almost had to stop.

Yes - the weather forecast suddenly improved for us up here and some of the cold and wet stuff took a more southerly track. Yesterday and today have been perfect winter days and you could have been in Scotland with your son after all; a pity.

Love #2!
In a way, #6 is one of the most DP-esque types of images to me.  I always wonder which actually inspires you, the overall wallpaper-like texture, the hidden rhythm of the intricately repetitive pattern, a play of fine geometry?

What I like is the image which only reveals itself slowly, or sometimes suddenly but only at the viewer's second or third look.

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 17:01:14 »
Yes - the weather forecast suddenly improved for us up here and some of the cold and wet stuff took a more southerly track. Yesterday and today have been perfect winter days and you could have been in Scotland with your son after all; a pity.

We have the whole week ahead of us yet...

Am monitoring the Loch Tay Moorings webcam, the snow seems to have receded a tad.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK