Author Topic: Nikon Df software  (Read 4328 times)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
Re: Nikon Df software
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 22:39:53 »
Done... :) Though I didn't have or encountered those issues, it's best, I think to have the latest firmware.
Wonder why it took so long as the B800 has been around for some time now ?
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 06:01:47 »
looks like a conservative update. I suggested a few improvements and bug fixes (for using with AF-D micro lenses) and it wasn't implemented  :'(

maybe next time  :o :o :o

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 08:23:14 »
I'll update the Df today.  I'm with Jacques about keeping the FW current.  Using Sony and Olympus the idea of a FW update always makes me cringe  :(  but such a relief when successfully completed without bricking.
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Kenneth Rich

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 17:16:30 »
Well, that is a new firmware version/update, so I have to quit whining.  I don't believe it offers anything  for me, though, and will have to think whether I will update or not.

Kenneth Rich

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 00:53:05 »
A concern for me, but one that you more experienced people will be able to clarify: If  I were to update the firmware, would the update cancel out the modifications I have made to picture controls and the choices I have made in respect to camera controls like PV  and Function buttons? Presently I have FN controlling non-CPU lens data, PV ISO/Auto ISO choices and AEL/AF lock button controlling viewfinder grid lines. 

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 01:29:27 »
In my case it didn't change any of the setting I had just before (one function button for auto ISO or not, the other for manual lenses settings, AF-On for AF, no grid, etc.)... 8)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 09:15:22 »
A concern for me, but one that you more experienced people will be able to clarify: If  I were to update the firmware, would the update cancel out the modifications I have made to picture controls and the choices I have made in respect to camera controls like PV  and Function buttons? Presently I have FN controlling non-CPU lens data, PV ISO/Auto ISO choices and AEL/AF lock button controlling viewfinder grid lines.

Save your settings to a card and keep in a safe place.  Should always do that regardless of FW updates, if you have significant settings.  You never know if you might need to do a reset if the camera freezes due to something like a low battery, it can happen.

FW update should not affect your settings.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK