Author Topic: Picture #2  (Read 1735 times)

Paul.S

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Picture #2
« on: January 13, 2018, 12:38:54 »
Well not the most interesting picture by any means. A lonely basketball sitting unused in the winter driveway. I am posting this because I shot this with a Nikon V1 and 70-300CX lens at roughly 240mm. It is just a cool piece of equipment with a tremendous reach. The problem with having a few colleagues with lots of cameras....they are always willing to unload a few. This combination is up for the offering and I am seriously considering purchasing. A nikkor 11-27.5 goes with it as well. I have not abandoned my D200 as I have also purchased a AI modified 85mm F1.8. I can now understand why they buy and sell so much gear. It is FUN to play with.

I did download this to LR4 and only adjusted the white balance at it seemed a bit off.

Paul

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
Re: Picture #2
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 15:46:52 »
the v1 and the cx 70-300 is a combination I would love to try

how is the Af ? if it is as quick as with the other CX lenses this should be very nice to shoot birds , surfers, any kind of far away action , provided there is good light

one only have to learn to work around the long delays of the camera waking up from sleep or switching the image to the viewfinder

WB with the V1 is always a bit off
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Paul.S

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 17:50:31 »
Hey Armando, I am not sure how the AF compares to other lenses as I have not used any. However, I do have the 11-27.5 on loan as well and will try that one out and report back. I think I also need to adjust the VR in camera as I do not believe for this picture it was set properly. Seems the picture might have been sharper otherwise. I also forgot to set for NEF as this picture was Jpeg fine. Everything is in the menus unlike the D200.  I probably needed a faster shutter speed as I was not as steady in the freezing sub zero temps. It is a fun set up to play with.

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 06:28:33 »
Paul, a quick note about size:
When creating your JPEG file that you plan to post here, it is good to set the output size at around 1200 pixels along the long side.  It doesn't have to be always this size, but this is a good starting point for posting on Nikongear.net.  The '1200/long side' size will be large enough for us to see the shots better as they are displayed by the forum software.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA