Author Topic: Cold spell  (Read 1945 times)

Mikes

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Cold spell
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 08:42:16 »
#2 for me. I love the soft pastel colours (which always appeal to me). Loch Tay is a never ending source of inspiration for you, Dave.
Mike Selby - Sydney

Mikes

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 08:46:01 »
Cold here, too. Not Tokyo, but not far away.  Taken with my iPad!

Mike Selby - Sydney

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 09:33:14 »
Thank you all very much - Mike, Jim. Keith, Akira, David, John and Bruno.

I'm glad that you are not bored with constantly seeing images of Loch Tay, Ben Ghlas, etc. I am fascinated by the endless changes of mood in the landscapes around Killin, but that doesn't mean that everyone feels the same. It's a relief to me that you can still show an interest in these subjects.

Mike - a friend of mine used to joke that all my images looked better upside down; I don't think this applies to your snow scene.   ;) ;D

Jim - I like this image too, and for exactly the reasons you mention. Nice analysis.

Mikes

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 13:43:41 »
Mike - a friend of mine used to joke that all my images looked better upside down; I don't think this applies to your snow scene.   ;) ;D

I suppose that is what friends do - keep your feet firmly planted on the ground!
Mike Selby - Sydney

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 23:05:18 »

"Cassette inverted cannot be inserted" a quote from a VCR manual full of fun translations.

Dave Hartman

Maybe it's just me but I see a photo above that's upside down.
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 23:20:57 »

on the other side of the planet. Upside down.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Ron Scubadiver

• NG Member
  • Renegade Street Photographer
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 05:04:58 »
Nothing like a day or so in the field with beautiful scenery and good light.  Nice photos.

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 11:29:05 »
Thanks, Ron - good to hear from you.

Mikes

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 06:32:00 »

Wow, that really WAS upside down. I have just got back to my laptop in Tokyo and saw how you viewed it.  :-[

It looked fine when posted/viewed/reviewed on my iPad, so I didn't get your comment(s). I don't know why/how this happened - maybe I need to hold my iPad upside down when posting images - but this would mean the text would be upside down. That might be better than this upside down image - or maybe not. It was just a fun image.

Lets see if this works....
Mike Selby - Sydney

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2017, 11:18:14 »
It was better the first time around.

:D ;D 8)

Just kidding, nice winter view.
Hans Cremers

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 12:32:23 »
Mike - now that I can see it, it reminds me of a time - too many decades ago - I was skiing in Naeba and there was a shortage of snow. I decided I would return to Tokyo the next day. My room overlooked the hotel carpark and, waking in the morning, I pulled back the curtains and looked out. The cars were just rounded humps in a sea of white. More than a meter of snow had fallen overnight.

Somewhere I have a picture of that and if I can find it, I'll post it. Meanwhile we still have snow on the ground here, though the temperature has risen a bit and we are getting round about 0deg in the daytime, rather than -5 to -8 which we had nearly a week of.