Author Topic: Dead D700...  (Read 3731 times)

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
Re: Dead D700...
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 18:18:48 »
Thanks, Elsa!
ahhh, the lens cap.  I should just throw mine out.  it would likely gain me a shot or two worth keeping as I do the same.  Camera to face......dark......camera down, remove lens cap, camera to face.....shot lost.....

haha! 

thanks again! 

Brent
When I'm out walking, riding or whatever looking for a picture I "usually" do not have the cap on, still sometimes I still leave it on, in studio I'll do it every time and the models always laugh , I just laugh with them, the advantage in studio is that shots are not lost

I'm glad you sorted out the problem, it is a dreadful feeling when the camera fails even due to user error
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 11:37:46 »
Brent, if it is any consolation, I have never ever had good experiences with aftermarket batteries either.  Fortunately the genuine Nikon EN-EL3e batteries are now not too expensive to acquire.

The bad news is that I'm an idiot and wasted all your time.  The good news is the batteries were both dead.  It looks like the aftermarket ENEL4 has failed and may have caused the in camera battery to drain...

Brent
Hugh Gunn

Peter

• "Remember You can only use one eye at a time"
  • NG Member
  • Los Alamos, New Mexico
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2018, 00:29:14 »
I have had three After market EN-EL3e batteries go bad in a short period of time. One just was bad out of the box the guy sent another it was OK but still didn't hold a charge like the Nikon brand.
For the price of two knock offs buy a Nikon. I picked a used one up at a pawn shop for $4.00 and it is a solid performer, i always ask if they have loose batteries in a box behind the counter.
I have been hitting this huge busy pawn shop once a month or so it has been a gold mine for photo equipment, last was a like mint Nikon Ai-s 105 f2.8 Micro with hood for $50.00.