Author Topic: Only the strong survive  (Read 894 times)

RBSinTo

• NG Member
Only the strong survive
« on: December 14, 2017, 01:27:08 »
Taken last week in front of one of the hospitals on University Avenue, here in Toronto.
A photobud and I were shooting and as we passed one of the large hospitals I noticed a homeless man with blanket in hand dumpster-diving in a trash receptacle.
The scene reminded me that it is around this time every year that the municipal government has it's annual debate what can be done to solve the problems of so many homeless persons in the city.
And as usual nothing gets done.
Nikon D3
Tamron SP 35~105 2.8 AIS manual focus
2.8 @ 1/640, ISO 200
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
Re: Only the strong survive
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:58:11 »
Hi Robert - your image sadly tells a story that is also the same as for the large Australian cities.  Large numbers of people sleep rough in the evenings inside the doorways of Melbourne's main streets and thoroughfares.  Our mayor was elected some years ago and back then promised to do something to help alleviate the problems of the homeless and yet the numbers just keep growing.  Particularly poignant as we head into the Christmas and festive season.

Taken last week in front of one of the hospitals on University Avenue, here in Toronto.
A photobud and I were shooting and as we passed one of the large hospitals I noticed a homeless man with blanket in hand dumpster-diving in a trash receptacle.
The scene reminded me that it is around this time every year that the municipal government has it's annual debate what can be done to solve the problems of so many homeless persons in the city.
And as usual nothing gets done.

Hugh Gunn