Author Topic: Rodenstock Eurygon 35mm f4 macro lens  (Read 2569 times)

Martin Kellermann

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Rodenstock Eurygon 35mm f4 macro lens
« on: November 30, 2017, 15:54:57 »
Greetings,
I have been given a Rodenstock Eurygon f4 macro lens as a present. I think it comes from a Polaroid MP4 system of long ago. I have tried to find data regarding its range of optimum reproduction ratios, but have not been very successful. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It works quite fine on a bellows and my Nikon D800 (I made an adaptor for its 40mm screw thread to Leica thread on my Novoflex bellows).
Kind regards, Martin

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
Re: Rodenstock Eurygon 35mm f4 macro lens
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 10:26:45 »
It has always been an enlarger lens and was used as that (for a smaller format and hence with shorter focal length of 35mm). Later on people found out that enlarger lenses also serve well as macro lenses and it was also used for that then.
formerly known as kds315

Martin Kellermann

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 17:49:17 »
Thanks very much for the response. There are quite a few of them on e-bay sold with the Polaroid shutter, and it has a very large rear element; the front looks normal size - in order to cover the larger Polaroid format? It was later replaced by the Tominon range of macro lenses in the Polaroid MP4 system. That was what made me think it was a special macro lens, not an enlarger lens. The name is also not the common Rodenstock name for their enlarger lenses - but here I am on thin ground.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 21:54:39 »
Thanks very much for the response. There are quite a few of them on e-bay sold with the Polaroid shutter, and it has a very large rear element; the front looks normal size - in order to cover the larger Polaroid format? It was later replaced by the Tominon range of macro lenses in the Polaroid MP4 system. That was what made me think it was a special macro lens, not an enlarger lens. The name is also not the common Rodenstock name for their enlarger lenses - but here I am on thin ground.

That size or the rear element was needed because of the much wider angle!!
formerly known as kds315