Author Topic: Borneo little adventure...  (Read 7338 times)

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
Re: Borneo little adventure...
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2017, 18:26:40 »
The portraits are really great.
First Ann, now you. Borneo is climbing on my list. :)
Chris Dees

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2017, 19:23:26 »
Thank you, Olivier, for these fabulous images!  The encounters with unique animals and insects should be endlessly inspiring.

By the way, I wonder where the image #29 under the title "Hakuna matata is what my daughter sang for an hour after we saw this..."?
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 13:34:56 »
Thanks everyone for the nice words. You are all too kind!

Ann: it is great that you can add name tags to all the creatures I don't know. I certainly hope to go back to Borneo, and most likely to Sabah. Not in the near future as there are so many options from Singapore. The next trip (besides France for Christmas) is most likely probably north Vietnam in March. We are starting to work on that now. We also start talking about New Zealand in a foreseeable future.

Chris: I was not prepared to shoot close portraits in the jungle, fortunately the Nikon 75-150E is a very good performer for that as well.

Akira: you are right, I did not attach the image! Silly me. Here it is now.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 19:06:06 »
Akira: you are right, I did not attach the image! Silly me. Here it is now.

Thanks for the image, Olivier!  That makes sense!  Silly you?  Hakuna matata!  :D
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2017, 22:14:51 »
You found a Bearded Pig!

I heard that there was one digging around behind the kitchens in Danum Valley but, by the time I got my shoes on again, the Pig had disappeared.

(By custom you remove your outdoor shoes when entering a Bornean house or Lodge.)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2017, 03:16:19 »
a chance to catch up with this thread. phantastic seeings and great depictions of Borneo wildlife. I am blessed by your generosity to share these
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2017, 13:24:22 »
A •wonderful• series, doubly interesting to me because I have never experienced the tropical jungle. The cave pictures are really special, as well as many others.

Thank you, Olivier, for this rare treat.

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2017, 07:56:46 »
Thanks again!
Ann: the bearded pigs were everywhere in Bako. It was hard to find a place were they weren't working the ground. I believe the "no shoes in the house" rule is pretty much applied all over Asia.
Dave: the jungle is fascinating indeed, although i have seen it mostly from easy and safe places. I am pretty sure I could not survive one day on my own... And we have pythons even here, in Singapore. The other day my young neighbor spotted one playing with a cat. The cat is still alive it seems.