Author Topic: Creative Cloud 2018 out!!!  (Read 24337 times)

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
Re: Creative Cloud 2018 out!!!
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2017, 16:45:45 »
The sole reason for Auto is to provide a Starting Point for your editing — and no more than that!

Auto cannot know if the photographer deliberately "over" exposes (I do by  +0.6 EV for most shots because I shoot only NEFs); or under-exposes.

Therefore, the first thing for the User to do is to move the Exposure Slider (actually a Brightness Slider to be technically correct) to give him his desired Brightness.

Then adjust any other sliders as you desire.

Sensei (Artificial Intelligence) is being built into the new algorithms and the idea is that Sensei uses AI to learn how an individual habitually adjusts his settings.

This science is still very much in its infancy and I shall be most interested in watching its progress.

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2017, 17:37:24 »
New Lr versions available. Main feature is the Auto adjust button which works this time and is using Sensei, Adobe's  Artificial Intelligence feature. The edit result doesn't corresponds entirely to my editing, but it offers a good and workable base for further editing.

Note: the old Auto was completely unworkable with e.g. systematic over-exposure.

Thanks for the "heads up", Christian. I don't have time to play with it right now but I did have time to do the update. Today we're heading out to our annual AMUG Christmas party.
Carl

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2017, 20:03:23 »
Ann: I whish to be able to save a session edit after the fact like I can do in NX-D. As far as I know I can only use the macro recorder to define an action, and the recorder must be started before the fact. Sometimes I do not remember what exactly it was that I did. In short: I want to convert the"history" of the file into an "action" /macro to apply this in a batch.

I do not need sensei for that!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2017, 20:41:25 »
Frank:

I really can't help you with that because, although I do know how to use Lr, I don't actually use it but always use ACR instead.

[Lr actually infuriates me because it has non-reprogrammable KBSCs; inefficient bulk processing and Syncing; and a badly-designed and cluttered UI — but that's just me!!]

::)

Although I can save "Snapshots" of different versions of an edit in ACR, I seldom bother because simply hitting "Done", saves all Slider positions (and my other settings too) into the XMP (EXIF) so everything is as I left it when I next open my RAW nefs.
My normal practice is to leave all of my files as edited NEFs and only convert to PSDs when I have a need to output them for a specific purpose.

I never wish to revisit a step-by-step History from a previous ACR session.

Recording and saving Actions is something which I do only in Ps after I have Converted a nef to a psd.

I actually use very few Actions — mostly only for re-sizing; applying Output Sharpening; and Converting from ProPhoto RGB to sRGB for the Web.