Author Topic: Portraits of Charly using a 35mm Carl Zeiss Jena Lamegon  (Read 1940 times)

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
Portraits of Charly using a 35mm Carl Zeiss Jena Lamegon
« on: October 17, 2017, 21:54:29 »
Buddy of mine, Charles "Charly" Djivanidis, french chanson singer and retired restaurant chef, trained by Paul Bocuse.

It spontaneously happened, so I had to use what I had with me, a 35mm Lamegon lens on Pana GH4, shot at approx f5.6

This lens was once made for highest resolution copies of documents to microfiche, I have adapted it to use
on modern digital cameras. Resolution above 200lppm from what I could find out. Also used in larger form
as a high resolution aerial reconnaissance lens for up to 284x284mm film format. This one covers 24x36mm
formerly known as kds315

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
Re: Portraits of Charly using a 35mm Carl Zeiss Jena Lamegon
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 22:44:01 »
The first one is a really nice portrait IMHO.

The second one is a bit strange with the dot of light on his nose, but other than that, you did very well.
Hans Cremers

F2F3F6

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 20:32:11 »
Nice pictures Klaus, once again ! Is the pink sandstone behind your friend in Strasbourg / Strassburg ? I lived in Alsace before...and this kind of sandstone is characteristic of this region...and for the cathedral of Strasbourg !

I saw also your Lamegon pictures on MF forum and this 2,8/35 is surprisingly good ! Is it a biogon-similar design ?
I saw a 8/100 Lamegon for 5x7" and the design of the optics seems more symetrical but also 8 lenses (in 4 groups)...reminds me a lot of Nikkor SW 8/90 for large format.

Thanks, Didier

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 09:16:37 »
The first one is a really nice portrait IMHO.

The second one is a bit strange with the dot of light on his nose, but other than that, you did very well.

Thank you!

Nice pictures Klaus, once again ! Is the pink sandstone behind your friend in Strasbourg / Strassburg ? I lived in Alsace before...and this kind of sandstone is characteristic of this region...and for the cathedral of Strasbourg !

I saw also your Lamegon pictures on MF forum and this 2,8/35 is surprisingly good ! Is it a biogon-similar design ?
I saw a 8/100 Lamegon for 5x7" and the design of the optics seems more symetrical but also 8 lenses (in 4 groups)...reminds me a lot of Nikkor SW 8/90 for large format.

Thanks, Didier

Merci Didier! This was shot here in Weinheim, Germany and the BG is from a public place erected using the brownstone ("Sandstein" in German), but indeed it is very common for this whole region and also on Alsace it is found and used a lot to build houses - and the wonderful Cathedral in Strasbourg, where we go quite often, especially to Petite France.

There are different versions of this lens indeed, but all have this symmetrical lens composition of 8 elements in 4 groups which makes it have very little distortion, hence why it has been used for aerial imaging. It seems to be the former Eastern Germany answer to the Zeiss West Biogon design indeed. I was surprised how well this correction also works even at closeup!
formerly known as kds315