Author Topic: KEH Carelessness  (Read 7984 times)

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
Re: KEH Carelessness
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 20:50:30 »
KEH are very generous in their policies for returning products and for paying the costs of shipping.

I have only used them a couple of times but the last one was not too satisfactory.

I needed a lens in a hurry because I had promised to take a lens of mine to Africa for someone else to use and when I received my lens back from the last person who had borrowed it, the focussing was jamming.

With just three days to go before departure, I called KEH who sent me a "Ex+" quality replacement over-night. Unfortunately, it was definitely not an Ex+: there was a looseness in the expansion joint.

I let KEH know immediately but there was no way for them to send a replacement before I left.

Sure enough the internal screws loosened during the trip and, by the last two days, it was no longer focusing properly.

KEH accepted the lens back for a full refund (and they paid for the return shipping) but this shouldn't have happened and their staff need to take a lot more time and care when rating equipment.

Bill De Jager

• NG Supporter
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 05:36:09 »
Here we go again...

I ordered a 300mm f/4.5 ED AI from KEH.  Not ED-IF, just ED.  It arrived today and it's an ED-IF, clearly evident from the housing and the gold ring.  That's two wrong items in the last 12 orders.

The Meyer-Optik 35/4.5 Primagon looks interesting and is in fine shape for its age... except for a speck inside the front element which looks like an irregular spot of fungus.

I'll give them a call tomorrow.

pluton

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 08:29:37 »
Bill, I saw that lens in their listings.  Too bad it wasn't what they described.  KEH's grading seems to only apply to the cosmetic appearance of the lens. One has to figure the time and cost of returns into any prospective used purchase by mail. Interestingly, KEH's ebay store shows multiple photos of the actual item, rather than the stock photos on the store website.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA