Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1961 times)

pmueller@mit.edu

• NG Member
Hello All
« on: October 28, 2017, 04:08:50 »
Hello All,

What seems like a long time ago, I used to be a "gold member" of the original NikonGear forum and I was the winner of the first "Chairman's Challenge".  When Dallas took the forum commercial, my access was reduced significantly and I lost interest.  The loss of  access to Bjørn Rørslett's insightful comments and reviews was the biggest disadvantage of that situation.  Luckily, I just found out by chance that already over two years ago, this revival forum has constituted itself and that Bjørn is "on board", if the pun is excusable. 

So, here I am again, looking forward to some interesting and stimulating interactions.

Peter Mueller

FredCrowBear

• NG Supporter
  • Frederick V. Ramsey
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 04:10:59 »
Welcome back!  You will see a lot of familiar faces here.

Frederick V. Ramsey

pmueller@mit.edu

• NG Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 04:23:25 »
Welcome back!  You will see a lot of familiar faces here.

Hey Fred,  I just noticed that.  Many people from back-in-the-day are here...   :)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 05:18:52 »
Hello Peter!

I have visited a lot of forum people (Damian, Bill, missed Schwett, Gary, Keith, ... did I forget someone?) on the West Coast exactly one year ago.

You are on the East coast where currently autumnal colors should hit New England. I have never been to the East coast and I am looking forward to 2025 when Trump has to finally leave office and America will be a free again (hopefully).

Then I plan to vistit again.

Welcome back!

Frank
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

pmueller@mit.edu

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 18:15:07 »
Hi Frank,

Yes, New England is beautiful right now.  I took the the picture below a couple of weeks ago in upstate New York. 

I hope we'll be free again before 2025.  Maybe even before 2020.  Let me know when you come to visit and we'll get together.

Cheers,

Peter

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 22:38:00 »
Hi Frank,
Yes, New England is beautiful right now.  I took the the picture below a couple of weeks ago in upstate New York. 
I hope we'll be free again before 2025.  Maybe even before 2020.  Let me know when you come to visit and we'll get together.
Cheers,
Peter

I love to take a longer walk ... weeekend? ... and then find a nice Restaurant / hotel

PMueller was the Name of my wife before she married me, but not Petra ;-)
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

pmueller@mit.edu

• NG Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 00:13:22 »
I grew up not too far away from Bonn: In Frankenthal am Rhein, which is just a bit north of Mannheim.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 10:39:08 »
Hello Peter and wellcome back!

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 12:01:56 »