Author Topic: Puebla Mexico earthquake  (Read 4304 times)

Tom Hook

• Tom
  • NG Member
Re: Puebla Mexico earthquake
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 19:08:31 »
I do not know what is worst, something that I do not wish to anyone, kid or adult is this: The building of a primary school fell down, the rescue effort is ongoing, a mix of kids and teachers some alive others deceased have been recovered from the rubble, all the while surviving kids trapped in the collapsed building have been texting saying they need help

These natural catastrophes and our human reactions to them cross national boundaries. Thousands of miles away, we are watching coverage of the school in Mexico City hoping the lives of the young children apparently buried alive in the rubble can be saved. Those poor kids must be terrified.

What damage nature inflicts by these hurricanes and earthquakes and to what heights humans will ascend as they actually try to help the victims of such devastation. People stepped into the breach to save lives in Texas and elsewhere and now Mexicans are doing their turn. It makes me proud to be a human being.

I’m glad your daughter is okay.

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 00:15:46 »
Armando,

I hope your family is all still safe. I feel sorry for families that have lost loved ones.

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 00:42:40 »
Armando, I am so sorry to hear of your country's devastation and loss of life as a result of these recent quakes.  Thank goodness that you and your daughter and family have been spared.

As an ex-New Zealander I am well aware of the impact that earthquakes can have - especially to those that live in places on the Pacific rim.
Hugh Gunn

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 15:18:34 »
I heard on our news earlier today that the death toll stands at 283 with some people still missing. What a horrible tragedy for everyone involved - as well as their friends and family. I am happy for you that your daughter is safe - although I must admit I didnt know you had a daughter of college age! (meaning I thought you were young enough to still be in college  ;) )

This year a friend of mine's house burnt down to the ground. Another's house flooded beyond repair (Ron) and thankfully I don't know anyone affected by the earthquake. Makes me wonder what natural disaster is next. Ron has too much water, we have too little water (Read severe drought)

The forces of nature is scary

Take care Armando.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 02:13:51 »
Thanks for the comments

It has been complicated on many places, terrorits attacks, and natural disasters are keeping many people very busy dodging emergencies 

Elsa,
Your comment made me smile, wish I was younger? sure!
but I also wish I had the experience I have today
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 17:48:19 »
Just realized that there was yet another earthquake in Mexico, this time in Oaxaca.  The magnitude is 6.1 which is smaller than the previous two quakes, but I repeatedly hope the earth will be calm again soon and there will be no further victims.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 20:23:13 »

but I also wish I had the experience I have today

dont we all...
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 21:13:48 »
Just realized that there was yet another earthquake in Mexico, this time in Oaxaca.  The magnitude is 6.1 which is smaller than the previous two quakes, but I repeatedly hope the earth will be calm again soon and there will be no further victims.

Akira,

People are going crazy of fear, there has been thousands of replicas since the initial quake on Sep 7, mostly around 4 degrees,  but today there were a couple above 6

We all hope things calm down soon
Armando Morales

Bill De Jager

• NG Supporter
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 21:32:28 »
Armando, I'm very sorry about this great tragedy in your country.  I'm glad your family is safe.

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 15:32:29 »
The photo club organized a quick photo session by one of the collection centers for people affected by the quake, there has been tons of supplies donated by people all over the country, I can't imagine the logistics to distribute it , but I'm glad to see it happening

2 shots, one from the the people helping to box things up one from the session
Armando Morales