Author Topic: Some shots from a live show  (Read 3566 times)

Ashlandish

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Some more...
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 07:27:31 »
The last,  I promise. Probably too many
Tim Becraft

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Some shots from a live show
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 12:55:31 »
Hey, Tim, these are wonderful additions to the thread!  Thanks for sharing.  You are too humble.  :)

Sad to say, not very many bands from the 60s/70s are performing with the full set of founding members.  Glad to know that GFR is still going.

Actually the leader/guitarist of the tribute band is already good friend of Mark, and the WEST bass amp head on the top seen right behind the bass player in my picture #8 was the very one that was used by Mel himself.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Ashlandish

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 17:00:48 »
Akira, I hesitated to post these but am pleased you enjoyed. Enjoyed your photos---remembering them prompted me to see GFR in Tillamook, where I now live. Was well worth the time, GFR playing as though they still care, having a good time. If you ever make it to Oregon, maybe I can reciprocate the hospitality Hokkaido provided me long ago...
Tim Becraft

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 01:02:47 »
Tim, I'm glad you are inspired to see the live show of GFR.

FWIW, I'm big fan of the excellent and one-of-a-kind guitarist/composer Ralph Towner who, though he is from the State of Washington and lives in Italy now, is the leader of the great band Oregon, and the State of Oregon is one of the place in the States I would love to visit.  I'm from Sapporo, so the climate out there could be fairly similar.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira